November 19, 2021

Attention Seniors:  Time is running out to purchase your 2022 Senior T-shirt.  The deadline for ordering and paying for your t-shirt is this Tuesday, November 23rd.  If you have completed the Google Order Form but have not made your $15 payment by the end of the school day Tuesday, your t-shirt will not be ordered.  Please make your payment by Check made payable to NASH.  The checks should be delivered to Mrs. Perry in room 313.  Payments can also be made via your Payschools account.  Please see the email from Dr. Dirda sent to you on November 9 for more details and a link to the Google Order Form.

******

Winter is upon us NASH, and this year, Project Water volunteers will be weaving blankets and mats from plastic bags to be donated to the homeless population of Pittsburgh.  You can help Project Water serve our community by donating to our plastic bag drive.  All donations will be repurposed into blankets and mats.  Together, we’ll be serving our community and recycling plastic waste!  Let’s make sure that no members of our community are without warmth this winter.  Plastic bag drop off bins are in Mrs Prosser’s room 369.  Get rid of your plastic bags and help out Project Water now.

******

How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER HAD A TIK TOK THAT RECEIVED 64,000 LIKES? To repeat, WHICH NASH STAFF MEMBER HAD A TIK TOK THAT RECEIVED 64,000 LIKES?  The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

Are you interested in joining the environmental club? If so, come join us Wednesday, December 8 in the library at 2:30pm. 

******

The NASH Computer Club is selling stickers during lunches this week. The price is $1 per sticker.

******

Attention Ski Club members: We will host an informational meeting on Monday November 22 during HOMEROOM in the library. Please plan to attend to get details about the first ski trip.

SkiClub.Monday.Homeroom.Library.

******

If you are interested in wild adventure, swordplay, and sorcerous fun, then the Dungeons and Dragons club is calling you! The club is seeking experienced Dungeon Masters, seasoned players, and new players willing to risk life and limb for gold and glory! The Dungeons and Dragons club will hold an initial informational meeting on Wednesday, November 24 at 2:45 in room 232. 

******

The Annual Blood Drive is starting soon, and there is an urgent need for blood donations! You can donate blood either in person at school on Tuesday, November 23, or in your own time at any Vitalant center from November 22 – December 3 by giving them the NASH code HS010047. Signups for the in-person Blood Drive start this week, November 8 – 12, during lunch periods. All NHS members can receive service hours for donating blood, but ALL students and staff 16 and older are eligible to donate. For more information or with questions, email Alina Zaidi at [email protected]

******

Attention readers: The next Library Club meeting will be today, Friday, November 19 after school in the library. See you after school!

******

Hey NASH!  Do you have winter coats and accessories around your house that are no longer worn or needed? DECA is collecting new or clean, gently used coats, jackets, hats, scarves, and gloves through Monday, November 29th.  Donations may be placed in the collection bins located in the vestibule or in front of the main office.  All donations benefit Pittsburgh’s Outreached Arms to help those in need.  Let’s do our part to ensure everyone stays warm this winter!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!