April 4, 2022

For the first week of Ramadan, the North Allegheny Muslim Student Association is offering a daily “fun fact”. Today’s fact: During Ramadan, Muslims of age are required to fast from sunrise to sunset; the point is to become a better person, not simply to abstain from eating or drinking.

******

NASH’s spring spirit week begins TODAY with the following themes: PJ day on Monday, Twinsday on Tuesday, Retro on Wednesday, Country club on Thursday, and Neon day Friday. 

Additionally, all week there will be an ongoing scavenger hunt where students will be able to find flowers hidden throughout the school and turn them in across from the office at the end of the day for a prize.

******

NASH Student Council’s first Build-A-Bear style event, Build-A-Tiger, will take place on April 26th and 27th. You must purchase your tiger kit during lunch periods this week through Thursday for $15. Cash or check is acceptable!

******

TigerThon is hosting a fundraiser TONIGHT at the Wexford Chipotle from 4-8pm.  Show the flyer on the Instagram page or use the code 4E7H86Q for online order.  33% of the event sales get donated to the cause.

******

North Allegheny Athletics will introduce Girls’ Flag Football this spring.  Girls in grades 9-12 are eligible.  We will have a meeting in the Baierl Center’s Ponce Room TODAY at 3:00 pm.  If you are unable to attend the meeting, please email our Athletic Director Bob Bozzuto at [email protected] regarding your interest to participate.

******

The NA GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) is meeting this Wednesday, April 6th after school in The Place, connected to the NASH Library. Please join us. The NA GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and their allies. Contact us at [email protected] for details.

******

The NA Facilities Department is looking for Seasonal Custodians to work during the summer months to help with general cleaning, painting, and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. College students and Senior High School students aged 16 and older are eligible to apply. Students still in High School must have a valid work permit. Please visit the District’s Applicant Tracking System for additional details and to apply: https://nasd.school/SummerCustodians

******

Attention Seniors:  Applications are available in the Counseling Office to apply for the Class of 2022 North Allegheny Pre-Tuition Scholarship.  The deadline to submit your completed application and FAFSA EFC page is the end of the day Friday, April 8.  Please submit all completed applications to Mrs. Foglio in the main office.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!