April 5, 2022

For the first week of Ramadan, the North Allegheny Muslim Student Association is offering a daily “fun fact”. Today’s fact: The end of Ramadan is celebrated with a big celebration called “Eid”.

******

Attention Seniors: The last day to register for Commencement Speaker Auditions is this Friday, April 8 at 3:00 p.m.  Again, if you’d like to audition as a commencement speaker, you must register by this Friday.  You can find the registration link in an email sent to you by Dr. Dirda. The email contains additional important information regarding the process to be selected as a commencement speaker. If you have further questions, please see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office.

******

NASH’s spring spirit week continues with the following themes: Twinsday on Tuesday, Retro on Wednesday, Country club on Thursday, and Neon day Friday. Additionally, all week there will be an ongoing scavenger hunt where students will be able to find flowers hidden throughout the school and turn them in across from the office at the end of the day for a prize.

******

NASH Student Council’s first Build-A-Bear style event, Build-A-Tiger, will take place on April 26th and 27th. You must purchase your tiger kit during lunch periods this week through Thursday for $15. Cash or check is acceptable!

******

The NA GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) is meeting this Wednesday, April 6th after school in The Place, connected to the NASH Library. Please join us. The NA GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and their allies. Contact us at [email protected] for details.

******

The NA Facilities Department is looking for Seasonal Custodians to work during the summer months to help with general cleaning, painting, and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. College students and Senior High School students aged 16 and older are eligible to apply. Students still in High School must have a valid work permit. Please visit the District’s Applicant Tracking System for additional details and to apply: https://nasd.school/SummerCustodians

******

The NA Foundation Scholarship applications are due this Friday, April 8th, along with several other local scholarships. Be sure to have your applications in before the deadline.

Letters of recommendation can be sent to the school counseling office who will forward them to the scholarship committee. Do not hesitate! Submit your application ASAP!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!