April 6, 2022

For the first week of Ramadan, the North Allegheny Muslim Student Association is offering a daily “fun fact”. Wednesday’s fact: Ramadan is the Ninth Month of the Islamic Calendar.

******

NASH Student Council’s first Build-A-Bear style event, Build-A-Tiger, will take place on April 26th and 27th. You must purchase your tiger kit during lunch periods this week through Thursday for $15. Cash or check is acceptable!

******

Attention Seniors:  the deadline to register  for speaker auditions for graduation is Friday, April 8, by 3:00 p.m.  Speeches are due by Monday, April 18 at 3:00 p.m. and those chosen will be expected to attend the mandatory audition on April 20, from 2:30 – 5:00 in the NASH library.  Sign up links were included in the email sent to seniors.  Please reach out to Dr. McEwen or Mr. Salopek with any questions or concerns.

******

Attention Prom Goers- In need of a prom dress but a bit strapped for cash?  This weekend, head to Bless a Dress where you can find free Prom gowns that are new or gently used.  There will be over 1200 gowns to choose from and shoes and accessories, too.  Look for Bless A Dress fliers around the school or see Mrs. Perry in room 313 for more info.  The sale begins this Thursday and runs through Saturday.  Don’t miss out!

******

The United States Army and St. Mary’s College will be visiting NASH Thursday, April 7 during 5th and 6th period. Sign up on your Naviance account to meet with the representatives.

******

NASH’s spring spirit week continues with the following themes: Retro on Wednesday, Country club on Thursday, and Neon day Friday. Additionally, all week there will be an ongoing scavenger hunt where students will be able to find flowers hidden throughout the school and turn them in across from the office at the end of the day for a prize.

******

The NA GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) is meeting TODAY after school in The Place, connected to the NASH Library. Please join us. The NA GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and their allies. Contact us at [email protected] for details.

******

The North Allegheny Federation of Teachers wishes to thank all the fine candidates who applied for the annual NAFT scholarship.  The following students have been selected as finalists competing for the scholarship: Mary Fenton, Emily Janosko, Alana Stites, Alaina Whipkey. Congratulations to these finalists! 

******

The NA Facilities Department is looking for Seasonal Custodians to work during the summer months to help with general cleaning, painting, and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. College students and Senior High School students aged 16 and older are eligible to apply. Students still in High School must have a valid work permit. Please visit the District’s Applicant Tracking System for additional details and to apply.

******

The NA Foundation Scholarship applications are due this Friday, April 8th, along with several other local scholarships. Be sure to have your applications in before the deadline.

Letters of recommendation can be sent to the school counseling office who will forward them to the scholarship committee. Do not hesitate! Submit your application ASAP!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a fun interview with two members of the NASH cafeteria staff!