April 20, 2022

Attention Seniors:   If you did not purchase your Senior Prom ticket yesterday morning or during the Early Bird Sale, you have two days left to do so.  Tickets will be on sale TODAY and Friday after school and Thursday before school in the auditorium foyer.  Dr. Dirda sent an email reminder over the weekend containing all the important links and information as well as sale times.  This will be your last chance to purchase prom tickets.  The price will be $85 per person.  Please make checks payable to NASH with your name in the memo line of the check.  The Google Registration form should be completed 24 hours in advance of your purchase to process the registration.

******

Seniors: If you still have not purchased a senior t-shirt but would like to, we have a few small, medium, and large shirts left to sell.  They will be available for $15 in the auditorium foyer during prom ticket sales or in room 313 before or after school any other day until they run out.  Don’t miss your chance to get one.  

******

Attention students and staff, the Key Club is sponsoring a children’s book drive for the Salvation Army from April 19, through May 2.  Please drop off your books on the cart outside of room 337.  Your donations are greatly appreciated.

******

The North Allegheny Muslim Student Association (MSA) will be having a Canned Food Drive this week, the third week of Ramadan. All donations will be given to the North Hills Food Bank. The donation boxes will be in the NASH and NAI main offices. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Kerem Yasar ([email protected]) or Hamza Bokhari ([email protected]).

******

The NA GSA is meeting TODAY in The Place, connected to the NASH Library. All NASH and NAI LGBTQ students and their allies are welcome! Please contact [email protected] with any questions.

******

Any junior or senior from Franklin Park who is interested in joining the Franklin Park Borough Council  as a Junior Counsel Person, please pick up the information sheet on the counter in the school counseling office.

******

Friday is Earth Day! Join the Environmental Club this Friday from 3-5pm for a campus clean up. Sick of seeing trash everywhere around school? Hate knowing that plastic bag in the tree is going to harm wildlife? Now is your chance to do something about it AND get volunteer hours! The google form is now live on the student Blackboard page! Sign up and join us on Friday 3-5 to celebrate Earth Day and make our campus clean!! The form will be used to keep track of volunteer hours.  Trash bags, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be provided. See Mrs. Basch in 337 with any questions. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!