Anthony Durzo

June 3, 2022

I’ve been a student at North Allegheny since August of 2009. After having an estimated 100 teachers and meeting an estimated 1,000 students, I had the opportunity to make countless wonderful memories from Peebles Elementary, Carson Middle, North Allegheny Intermediate, and North Allegheny Senior High. My time at North Allegheny had its expected setbacks. But through the ups and downs, never once did I feel lonesome, unsafe, or unimportant. While it was difficult waking up at 5:45 every school morning, what eased my tired mind was attending a place that I called home, a building I was familiar with, a family whom I loved.

My advice to those who are making their way through high school at North Allegheny is to put yourself out there and find new acquaintances. While the large amount of students in one class can sometimes be a bit of a distraction, you have the opportunity to surround yourself with so many different types of people. Make the memories that you will find to be so treasured as you grow into adulthood.

There is a long list of students and staff members who have made my experience North Allegheny so memorable and those people know who they are. I will forever miss my school district and I look forward to the days that I can return and look back on those treasured memories that I have made with so many people in the span of 13 years.

Thank you, North Allegheny. See yinz later n’at!