September 16, 2022

Seniors: Submit your nominations for homecoming court today! Please utilize the Google form sent to you via email from Dr. Dirda on Monday. Nominations close at the end of the day TODAY.

******

PSAT registration is now open for juniors.  Please pick up a registration form in the counseling office or print one from the NASH homepage.  The test will be administered on Saturday, October 15th.  The cost of the test is $30 if you register by October 3rd.

******

The DECA membership drive is in full swing!  Sign up today by scanning the QR code on flyers around the school!  Membership dues increase by $5 for students paying after September 30th.  The first official pizza party & membership meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 28th, and is for PAID MEMBERS ONLY! Don’t delay, sign up today!!!!

******

All Students – The first FBLA meeting with Mr. Sestili will be held on Tuesday September 20, 2022 in room 244 during Homeroom. All students are welcome. If you are unable to attend, stop by 244 at some point during the day to talk with Mr. Sestili.

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: University of Mount Union, during 5th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Saint Francis University, during 6th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. University of New Hampshire – Main Campus, during 7th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Please sign up to meet with the representative using your Naviance account.

******

This is the last week to sign up for the Spring Musical.  If you are interested in participating on stage, please go to www.namusical.com , register, and sign up for an audition time.  Students interested in stage crew should contact Mr. Tozier.  We will have more information about playing in the pit later in the Fall.  The NA spring musical is a huge and fun production. We hope to see you soon!

******

Hey NA Tiger fans….. football season is here! NA Cheer Booster T-Shirts will be on sale during all lunch periods the following Fridays at NASH:  September 16, October 7, October 21, and October 28, 2022.  T-shirts are also on sale at all NA Friday night home football games.  Payment cash – $15 short sleeve, $20 long sleeve.  Help support our cheerleaders and show your NA spirit!

******

Interested in National Art Honor Society? NAHS is more than just painting or drawing. It consists of art-based volunteer activities for the school and community, meaning you don’t have to be an amazing artist to participate. Sign up using the QR codes hung up in the hallways and by the art room. The deadline to sign up is TODAY.

******

If you are interested in wild adventure, swordplay, and sorcerous fun, then the Dungeons and Dragons club is calling you! The club is seeking experienced Dungeon Masters, seasoned players, and new players willing to risk life and limb for gold and glory! All table-top games are welcome, not only D&D. The club will hold an initial informational meeting on Monday, September 19th after school in room 232. Hope to see you there.

******

Do you love environmental science and nature? Do you  Do you want to help out with the NASH greenhouse and make NASH a more sustainable school? If so, join NASH environmental club! Please join us for our informational meeting on Tuesday September 20th from 2:30- 3:00pm in the library. 

******

Are you interested in advocating for equal rights for all genders? Gender Equity Series welcomes you! We endeavor to be a safe space for students and teachers to discuss topics ranging from gender identity to representation in media to a myriad of other subjects. We welcome all genders, sexualities, and races. The first meeting will be on TUESDAY, September 20th at NAI in Room 305 from 2:45-3:45 PM (shuttle buses are available for students that end at NASH!). After that, our meetings will be every other week.

******

Are you interested in science? Do you want opportunities to connect with other science lovers, do science-related service activities, and receive honor cords? If so, then Science National Honor Society is a perfect fit for you! Join us for our first meeting on Thursday, September 22 from 2:15 – 3:00 in the library. Contact Samhita Gudapati at [email protected] with any questions. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for TWO fabulous and fly Friday features!