Sales for Seniors

The best time for shopping is here! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a great time to buy the essentials needed for college life.

Camryn Gray, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Attention college-bound NASH seniors! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are rapidly approaching, which means it is a great time to start purchasing the many essential items for college life. The price of tuition already is at its peak for some schools, which makes now a great time to purchase the essentials for college at a lower price. 

A mini fridge can be highly useful in college, especially when students feel too lazy to walk to the dining hall from their dorm. Best Buy is offering numerous Black Friday deals on a variety of different mini fridges. While some universities allow you to rent mini fridges through them, buying one to last all four years is significantly cheaper. Some of the mini fridges even are more than $100 off than the original price. 

A future study session, a late night errand, or an early morning class can make Uggs a great purchase on Black Friday for college bound seniors. From slippers to boots, Uggs are a great item to get a discount on this holiday season. Ugg is offering a variety of sales, which are great to take advantage of considering how rare sales are from the company. 

Apple is offering gift cards along with purchases on Black Friday. Macbooks, iPads, iPhones, Airpods, and more make great holiday purchases for college-bound students (and all other students as well). Apple claims to offer a more expensive gift card for a more expensive purchase, which is a generous offer considering the hefty price of the majority of Apple products.

For those NASH seniors attending college in colder areas of the country, North Face is offering Black Friday deals perfect for colder weather. North Face is having sales on coats, jackets, snow pants, bags, footwear, and more. North Face states that they plan to offer 40% off of specific items, and it will only last for a limited time. Their products are durable and long-lasting, so it is important to act fast if interested in winter/fall gear for college.

It is possible that one of the most dreaded aspects of college can face many NASH college-bound seniors: an 8:00 am class. Keurig is offering 50% off of their “Keurig K-mini coffee makers, ”which are the perfect size for a cramped dorm room. The K-cups placed in these coffee makers are inexpensive, which makes this a better option than using dining hall points daily to stay awake during long lectures. 

A common necessity for many future college students is a printer. While nearly all universities provide one, it is convenient to be able to print in your dorm room. Staples is offering a variety of discounts on various types of printers, with some up to 45% off. 

A cramped dorm room, clothes everywhere, shoes tossed on the floor, and a need for organization. The Container Store is offering sales on select items this Black Friday to help quell any fears of a messy room next year. Storage under beds, jewelry boxes, hangers, plastic containers, and more are available at lower prices to help make dorm rooms look cleaner. 

Decorating a dorm room can seem like a daunting task, but Pottery Barn Teen has a section of its website dedicated to dorm rooms. Pottery Barn Teen is offering up to 40% off Black Friday and 50% off on early Black Friday deals. Bedding, decor, rugs, and more are sold for lower prices to help high school seniors get set up if attending college. 

Transporting items back and forth to college can be exhausting if carrying flimsy suitcases. Samsonite luggages are sold for varying discounts, but most luggage is up to 25% off. A strong and durable suitcase is vital for smooth travel to and from college.

A place where almost any college essentials can be purchased is Target. There are discounts at 20% off, 50% off, 60% off, and more. Power strips, water bottles, backpacks, and other future necessities for college life can all be bought at Target and possibly for a cheaper price. However, a trip to Target often leads to buying more than what is on the shopping list. 

Planning and purchasing for college may seem like an overwhelming process, but they can be easier if less money is spent. While shopping needs vary per student, the essentials are usually the same. College shopping lists can be found online for further inspiration as to what to purchase for next year if attending college.