In the Limelight

Fall Musical auditions are set for this weekend.
Ruby Morris
The NASH Fall Musical is set to hit the stage this coming November.

It’s that time of year again–the Fall Musical is all that is on many music-loving students’ minds. It’s no secret that NASH musicals are enormous productions filled with talented singers, instrumentalists, actors, and stage technicians, but for now the cast and crew can only guess at which show they will soon start rehearsing.. 

“It’s a common show theme, so it’s not something that’s going to be way out there,” said Mr. Tozier, NA Music Department Chairperson and Tech Director of the NASH musical. Tozier knows the show he hope to produce, but he is awaiting School Board approval before making an announcement to his students.

“This musical involves living things,” Tozier added with a wink. “Not something like Avenue Q, which is done with puppets.”

Tozier knows that the process of choosing a show is highly dependent on his cast.

“I always choose a show that fits this year’s kids, rather than choosing a show and making the kids bend to a show we want,” he said. “We choose a show that we think is going to work with the kids that we are hoping are interested.”

More than a few veterans of the NASH stage are eager to know which show Tozier has in mind.

Doing musicals is my favorite part of being a student at NA.

— Evan Wilson, NASH senior

“It would be so exciting to do Frozen the Musical,” junior Emma Neff said. “There are so many cool parts, so many new songs not in the movie, and so many intricate dances. All around, it’s a really awesome show.”

Evan Wilson, a senior, has his own hopes.

Anastasia,” he said. “It presents so many opportunities for students to shine, from the extensive size of the pit and the beautiful orchestrations to the amount of featured parts for a cast of 60 or even 70 to play”.

But first come auditions, which are scheduled for tomorrow at NASH.

“I’m nervous about the upcoming auditions,” said Junior Anna Fiffik, “but I’m really thrilled to find out what the production will be.”

Regardless, for longtime participants in both the fall and spring shows at NASH, the anticipation for this season’s performance is growing.

“I couldn’t be more excited about this year’s fall show,” said Evan Wilson, a NASH senior and longtime NASH musical participant. “Doing musicals is my favorite part of being a student at NA, and I am extremely thankful that I have had the opportunity to do two every year for the past couple of years”.