September 6, 2017

Students, please be aware that all of the desktop computers have been removed from the NASH library.  In order to print, you need your laptop.  Specific directions for how to print are posted at each of the printers.  Printers are located in room 119 off of the cafeteria, in the library, and on the third floor outside of room 324.

****

There will be a college information night with Notre Dame at Pine-Richland High School in their auditorium, tonight at 7:00 pm.

If you are interested in registering for tonight’s event, please see your counselor.

****

If you are interested in Google, we have an opportunity for you.  On Tuesday we will have a former student return to NASH for a lunch discussion about her summer working for Google.  If you would like to join us, sign up in room 249A, which is the GOAL office in the back of the school on the second floor.

****

Hey Juniors…would you like to represent YOUR 2019 class by being a Jr. Class Representative?!?  If so, please sign up outside of room 196.   If you have any questions please see Mrs. Loeffert.   The deadline is this Monday.  

****

Juniors have an opportunity to attend a series of honors level science lectures through the Westinghouse Science Honors Institute.  Westinghouse sponsors the lectures, and they are held at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.    It’s a pretty great opportunity, and a very big commitment.  You must attend at least 8 of the 13 lectures over the course of the year.  Would you like more information?  Then come to the GOAL office, room 249A and see Mrs. Ruffolo  The deadline for turning in the application forms is next Wednesday.

****

Technology Student Association will be holding an informational meeting for anyone interested on Tuesday, September 12th at 2:30 in room 193.  If you cannot attend please see Mr. Zebley.

****

Hey everyone!  NASH Homecoming Dance is right around the corner. This year’s theme is “A Night In the Forest,” and the dance is at NASH on Saturday October 7th from 8 – 11 pm.

Tickets go on sale beginning September 25th Tickets are $20 per person during all lunches for the first week, then $25 per person the second week of ticket sales. Buy your tickets early and don’t miss out on this best dance ever!  

****

Seniors:  Tomorrow, Mr. Madia will be taking ANY Senior who has NOT YET had their photo taken on.  Please be sure to dress appropriately.  Instructions can be found on the NASH website under Safari Yearbook.  We will have clothing for you to wear if you forgot or do not have or the appropriate items.

***

There will be a musical information meeting today at 3 PM in the NASH auditorium. At this meeting, we will distribute tryout materials and discuss the timeline for auditions, rehearsals, and the shows. We hope that you are interested in participating in this year’s high school musical and look forward to seeing you after school today! If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Tozier.

***

Tiger Thon is back, NA!  Last year, our school raised over $36,000 to help the fight against pediatric cancer, and this year is going to be bigger and better than ever.  Tiger Thon is kicking off the school year with Rita’s Ice at 2:15 this Friday by the gym exit.