A Mary Christmas For All

Two NASH teachers collaborate to spread holiday joy

Katie Golden, Reporter

Last year, Mary Claire Fridel, a 10 year old girl, was admitted to Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh. Her best friend, Olivia Klaich, brought Mary a Beanie Boo unicorn to have with her in the hospital. After her difficult stay at the hospital, Mary passed away.

To honor her memory, Klaich created the Mary Christmas Project to collect BeanieBoos to give to every kid in Children’s Hospital. The goal is to make sure every child feels comfortable and safe during one of the scariest times of their life, and two teachers at NASH are taking up the cause.

“I went to school at NA with Mary’s aunt. When I found out what was happening, I knew that we could help.”                                                                                                                  – Madame Stroud

Madame Stroud And Magistra Ramsey are hoping to top last year’s Beanie Boos collection, pictured above in Stroud’s classroom last year at NAI.

Magistra Ramsey and Madame Stroud are collecting Beanie Boos to donate to the Mary Christmas Project and bring the joy of the holiday season to the kids in Children’s Hospital.

Last year, NAI and NASH collected over 450 BeanieBoos, more than enough for every child at Children’s Hospital.
“It was really special to be a part of spreading Mary’s legacy of kindness in such a wonderful way,” Madame Stroud recalled.

Both Ramsey’s and Stroud’s students are excited to contribute to such a worthy cause, and the teachers hope that the enthusiasm spreads through the school.

Emma Sieminski, who donated earlier this week, said,”This is such a great cause and I’m so happy to be a part of it.”

Donations are due this Thursday in either Ramsey’s or Stroud’s room.