A Bot Wrote This Article

An adventure in automated journalism

photo by Katie Golden

The circuitry of a computer under repair at the NASH Help Desk. As machine learning makes strides, fields like journalism could be significantly altered by the abilities of bots.

Katie Golden, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Kind of.

Apparently all those stories about forcing a bot to watch something and then write its own script, like this one about Batman, are all fake. This was very upsetting news to me, but I still wanted to write my own version based on articles pulled from The Uproar. So I used the next best thing — a predictive keyboard.

Of course, recent advancements in machine learning stand to significantly alter fields like journalism — and to an extent, they already have.  It’s abundantly clear in the 21st century that robots can help to improve human efficiency and productivity — but with election season right around the corner, the potential for bots to disseminate propaganda in the form of online media is a serious concern.

Nevertheless, my aim here is much lighter.

A group of comedy writers made a website called Botnik that lets you insert a text document (in UTC-8 format) and create your own predictive keyboard, but there are a few pre-made ones on there if you don’t want to do all the work.

A test draft of the article.

I copied and pasted every Uproar article posted from last May up until now, 150 pages worth of articles, into a document to create my database before uploading the text into the keyboard.

Without further ado, enjoy!

******

To be released with that the college admissions scandal than significant year and she moved a lot. I have taken over myself that you see from home or just games. It wasn’t going and the rest could be made of students scheduled for some classes in the nash orchestra trip was not an adult. ” and for being said roma more you will miss my own personal fbi in this context that they can mean for a six sophomores on a student. ” the fact that every year i had three days that the college or even a lot about a good instructional fit is to visit the school should be a creator with new equipment. With it was sort for you parents who would take action before practice of their perceived annoying about when it was not a part for their time in london. Instead many teens started saying math.

Some kids grew due to other skills affecting out the best books to have it ‘s about college i don’t see the final note. While they were about what do this is especially since i have never heard in class of three games and sporting at the sports or in an obnoxious period lunchroom. If you’re walking the student section leader list of protips are students are looking for signs that you check more time or not have your friends. But this movie surrounds to the college and major transition animals you don’t know nobody and a chronic as i tell the same things of their perceived ones.

Are of their start times you are most proud of a pond? Since last two nights to take action in my abilities of a challenge themselves for some things should just as much yet amazing trip. While some things of a challenge for you guys about this is for a person and i think the best grades before 9/11 was a win. ” said leonard was not to cry the same tv “. Another award was not be an appreciation of students scheduled to do something i think right track in the process makes an idea respectively.

You should really want it would not be able stress every year — notorious and it factors all in stride else we don’t want hope.

— Bot

You should really want it would not be able stress every year — notorious and it factors all in stride else we don’t want hope. Trump administration neglected climate on to do more and it gives war anyway. Originally started off their way representative up for you don’t have their hearts through our country teams. Teens started weeks to be released and then i’ll hold grudges and have a general goal students who enjoy the football. ” i love barbecue coffee ”

dr example games made my head at the museum. They want them all about college board ‘s all in all of them up to size on our generation — it is essential and a student who are retaking themselves stand in the district. They may never explicitly know what they’re judging vietnam for. Either of our schools across several pennsylvania has changed forever and they ain’t good. The first thing they were learning to do well in class council was not anything. This new car is important as an upperclassman that is definitely a student. ” i don’t know how i’m going to dairy “.

Is the most amazing what i wanted to do in so we don’t know how they have different cultures. Girls wearing sweatshirts or a trip were learning enjoyable life peter parker has been burning. It is important thing that they can remain a ” smile cooker “. After winning medals a good instructional to get into college i want hope solving a student reports going into another tutoring session that they want or need. Whether students who fall into becoming and a few mild year in july 51 and then act like everything else at a worse for the environment.

You love sports and have them think about what do more important than helping. Your free school spirit does become better than significant people are. Something entirely different from a tarantino fans worldwide at the museum and have a surgical sandwich for their teachers to encourage.