October 5, 2017

Attention GOAL students: Please report to the auditorium today during homeroom for your monthly GOAL meeting.  

****

Attention all Homecoming court Nominees!

Today, Thursday, October 5th there will be a mandatory meeting in room 190 beginning at 2:30 pm. Please be prompt. You must attend.

****

If you are interested in going to college after high school, please listen to this announcement.

College Information and Financial Aid Night will be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 6:00-8:30 p.m. in the NASH Auditorium. You and your parents are encouraged to join us as we hear from admission representatives who will share their knowledge of the college application process.  A representative from PHEAA will be there to discuss the financial aid process.

The colleges represented that evening will be: Ohio State, Robert Morris, IUP, Penn State, and the University of Rochester. Even if these particular schools aren’t schools on your list, the representatives will be talking about schools like them.  We will also have representatives from the NASH and NAI school counseling office there that evening.

You will hear answers to questions such as:

• How do I choose the right college?
  • What should I say in my essay?
  • What admission tests do I need to take and what score do I need (ACT/SAT)?
  • What classes should I take in high school?
  • Whom should I ask to write a letter of recommendation?
  • When do I apply for financial aid?
  • Do I qualify for financial aid?

We hope to see you there!

****

Attention Seniors:  Please see the NASH homepage for the link to vote for your Senior Class Officers.  Voting will be open until 2:15 TODAY.

****

Attention Christian and Non-Christian students and anyone who would like to start their Friday off in a positive way-

Join us for the NASH Youth Group Friday morning in room 350 (Coach Neff’s room) for an uplifting few minutes.  We will start at 7:00.  There will be donuts.

****

THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES WILL BE VISITING NASH TODAY:

High Point University at 10:41 AM

Elon University at 11:26 AM

The Ohio State University at 12:11 PM

Sign up to visit with a representative in your Naviance account. Each meeting will take place in the college visit reception area located next to the auditorium foyer unless otherwise stated.

****

Attention Christian and Non-Christian students and anyone who would like to start their Friday off in a positive way:  Join us for the NASH Youth Group Friday morning in room 350 (Coach Neff’s room) for an uplifting few minutes.  We will start at 7:00.  There will be donuts.

****

Attention NASH! The Multicultural Student Union will be meeting on Friday, October 6. Stop by the library during your lunch period. There will be Japanese snacks!

****

TODAY, Z Club will be holding its first informational meeting in Mrs. Yingling’s Room, Room 246 during homeroom. Come and find out how to sign up and when future meetings will be held!

****

DECA is looking for enthusiastic, goal-oriented students who enjoy a challenge!  DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. Students can sign up on Mrs. Sullivan’s web page on the NA Website.  There will be a membership meeting & pizza party on Tuesday, October 10 after school in the auditorium foyer for paid members only, so don’t delay!   Sign up today!  If you have any questions, see Mrs. Sullivan in Room 238 or check out DECA.org.

****

Join us to see THE HUMANS, a Tony Award-winning play, on November 15th at the Pittsburgh Public Theater. It’s been called the “Best Play of the Year” by the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Entertainment Weekly, among other sources. What’s it about? Brigid and Richard have moved into a shabby two-floor apartment in New York’s Chinatown just in time for Thanksgiving, and her family arrives from Scranton, PA to laugh, argue, and eat around the table. But also dished up are fears, real and imagined, experienced by many Americans dealing with life today.  Don’t miss it!  And don’t delay!  Tickets are $18, and you can pay by cash or check made payable to “NASH.” Permission forms can be picked up in GOAL or downloaded through Blackboard.

****

Hey, NASH! Homecoming weekend is approaching, starting with our Homecoming parade right here on the NASH campus. All court candidates and a great variety student club floats are participating with hopes to win cash prizes for the best float! You don’t want to miss it. The homecoming parade begins at 5:45 pm with food trucks available right out front of the school building beginning at 3:30 pm. Meet the candidates and cheer for your favorite float!

****

If you have a drone and would like to compete in a Drone Obstacle course challenge, come to GOAL for more information about how to enter.

****

Are you interested in becoming a tutor? If so, join Tutors for Opportunity! Tutors for Opportunity is a club that funds educational ventures in foreign countries by raising money through tutoring. If you would like to become a part of this great cause, please sign up to become a tutor in the GOAL office.

****

The NORTH PITTSBURGH COLLEGE FAIR will be held at

La Roche College on Monday, October 9th from 6 – 8 pm

in the Kerr Fitness and Sports Center.

****

The 2018 Safari Yearbook and Personal Ads are available for purchase.  To purchase your book, please go to www.yearbookforever.com.  Personal Ad forms are available on the NASH website under the Safari link.  Order your book and personal ad today!  Prices go up on October 23rd!!

****

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at THE UPROAR.  Go to nashuproar.org and click on the link.

****