Post Prom Hype

Over the years, Post Prom has been as popular as Prom itself, but the late-night event cannot take place without donations from the community.

Michael Taffe, Technical Director

If we are being honest, most high school dances are the same. Yes, the theme might change and the music is updated to whatever is popular that year, but dances are a predictable constant of high school. And yet, Senior Prom is something different. The final dance of high school, held downtown instead of in the NASH cafeteria, will be a night many of us will likely remember for the rest of our lives. What’s more, Prom has something that no other dance has: an afterparty.

Post-Prom has been a staple of North Allegheny’s Prom for years. This year the school has announced that the party will be themed around NBC’s hit show Friends. While the specifics have not been announced, there are sure to be a multitude of games and activities for students to partake in.

For some students, Post-Prom is something they look forward to more than the dance itself.

“I’m super hyped up for After-Prom,” senior Isabella Narduzzi said.

Narduzzi and senior Bianca Mazur made it clear that, despite being months away, the Class of 2020 is already excited about the dance and its after-party.“

Yeah, prom is super exciting because it’s your last year and you get to dress up way fancier than homecoming or any other dance,” Mazur said. “I also think its a super awesome way to be safe after a school dance but still have a lot of fun with your friends and date too.” 

It’s easy to see why students are so excited. Previous Prom-goers rave about the party afterward.

“It was amazing,” said Maria Constantine, NA ’19. “The hypnotist was crazy and the karaoke was super funny.” 

Constantine said she felt that Post-Prom is something that she will remember for way longer than the actual dance.

Yet, all these fun activities cost money. A ticket to Post Prom last year was only an extra ten dollars. For this reason, Senior Class Council is asking for donations and parents to help chaperone.

In a recent release, North Allegheny stated, “The Senior Post-Prom is primarily funded through generous donations, so the post-prom committees cannot do this without your help. Donations made to this account will benefit our seniors directly and will put towards decorations, food, entertainment, and activities for nearly 600 students.”

The release also gives a link to donate

With so much interest in Prom, North Allegheny would like to get as many donations as possible. The more money raised means the cheaper the party will be to attend in the spring. Furthermore, the more money that gets raised the more fun events the school will be able to offer at the party. 

The school has set a goal of $10,000 for the party. At present, $2,250 has been raised.