Grounds for Thought

Cafe Conmigo has quickly become a favorite hangout for NASH students in need of a jolt of energy or a cozy study space.
Fiona Engel
Conmigo, located at 10 North Meadow Drive in Wexford, offers a wide array of hot and cold beverages in a space filled with house plants.

High school can tend to be one of the most stressful times in one’s life. However, many NASH students have collectively found a local spot that relieves some of the pain.

Café Conmigo Coffee & Tea House is a coffee shop just down the road from NASH, a three-minute drive or 17-minute walk. An aspect that this cafe is best known for is its vibrant green interior. It is filled with a copious amount of plants, greenery, posters, comfortable seats, stickers, you name it. 

And, of course, the menu is great, too.

“I like to get their coffee,” junior Taige Miller said. “Iced coffee. It’s very good.”

It is nearly inevitable that NASH students will encounter classmates in the popular shop. Many juniors and seniors use it as a place to complete schoolwork, hang out with friends, drink coffee, or snack on pastries. A considerable number of students have stated it to be advantageous and an exceptional place to get work done. 

“On weekday afternoons, we know that there will be a rush of school kids,” said John, a Café Conmigo Barista.

Senior Cate Lechner has had many enjoyable experiences at the café.

“Café Conmigo has done a really great job of creating a cozy yet vibrant environment, which really helps me focus on my schoolwork,” she said. “I’m comfortable, but motivated to be productive.”

For junior Z Mulkearns, Conmigo is a regular spot.

“It’s close to school, adorable, and a good place to meet up,” they said. “Also, their ham and cheese croissant is fire.”

Beyond the drinks offered at the café, the appeal to the eye offers a comforting, yet vigorous sensation. Upon entering, customers immediately know that this is not a typical coffee shop. Starbucks, for instance, is not filled with exotic greenery. 

Customers can purchase house plants in addition to menu items. Fiona Engel

“It’s very calm and scenic,” Carys Walker, a junior, said. “And the music they play helps.”

Café Conmigo Barista Elliott is always happy to see NASH students walk into the shop.

“We get a variety [of NASH students],” he said. “The ones who hang out here more often tend to be the most engaging with us. It’s a fun time period in their lives.” 

Café Conmigo Coffee & Tea House is located at 10 N Meadow Drive, Suite 4, just off Perry Highway in the Wexford Flats.