NA Opinions

NA+Opinions

What are some words that you would use to describe PR students?

Nate:  Mediocre, unclassy, hardworking

Marleigh:  Hicks/farmers, annoying, arrogant, dumb, gross, snotty but like they broke

Do you believe that your school district is the best one in its area? Why?

Nate:  Yeah, we are hardworking, determined, and display an excellence in STEM, academics, and our sports.

Marleigh:  Yes, I do. NA is the best in most sports and academics every year, whereas other schools “get lucky” once and awhile.

Do you feel that your school has prepared you for college? How?

Nate:  Definitely. The classes at NA are hard, and they prepare you for college.

Marleigh:  Yes, I do. They are always cramming schoolwork down my throat and mention college every .2 seconds.

Is there a constant pressure from your district for its students to perform extremely well in academics?

Nate:  Yes, at NA there is a lot of pressure and even a stigma to get an A.

Marleigh:  Oh yes, there is constant pressure to be the best in everything, but with academics, it is soul crushing.

How many hours of homework do you do a night?

Nate:  I would say that I do an average of four hours of homework a night.

Marleigh:  I would say around 3-4 hours of homework — more if I procrastinate, though.

How important are sports in your school?

Nate:  I would say that sports at North Allegheny are very important, especially football.

Marleigh:  Sports are everything at NA, so earning your letter is always super important.

Who would you say is your school’s biggest rivals?

Nate:  It honestly depends on which sport you play, but overall, it would have to be Pine Richland.

Marleigh:  In all honesty, it depends on the sport. Our school hates Pine Richland, not because they are good at sports — because they aren’t — but because the kids there are so annoying that you just want to shut them up.

How do you feel about/prepare for NA/PR week?

Nate:  For my sport — throwing — I am never worried, so I don’t really do anything special.

Marleigh:  I think I get more anxious when football plays them, but I honestly don’t care about them in our sport; it’s just another game that we want to win.

Would you say that your school favors certain sports over others? Which sports?

Nate:  There is an undeniable favoritism towards football at NA. I understand why, but there are other sports that perform well, and it is sad to see them overshadowed for football.

Marleigh:  NA favors football over every other sport; I get that they bring in money, but you have to acknowledge other sports too.

Do you feel safe at your school? Why?

Nate:  I do feel safe because we have security present, and anything that might have been dangerous has been handled quickly and well by the administration.

Marleigh:  For the most part, I do. I don’t sit in constant fear of dying throughout the day, but there are some kids that I make sure to keep an eye on because they are crazy.

Would you say that students get along at your school?

Nate:  Largely yes, there are other people at our school that might have a different opinion than me.

Marleigh:  Kind of? There is always drama going on, but since our school is so big, it kinda gets lost in the sea of students.

Would you say that bullying is a problem in your school? If so, is it a big problem?

Nate:  In my personal experience, I have not seen it around the school.

Marleigh:  There are mean kids, and I’ve seen people be rude to others, but it’s not super big.  

What time does your school start/end?

Nate:  School starts at 7:24 and ends at 2:15.

Marleigh:  7:24-2:15

How do you feel about the class size of your school? Do you like it or not? Why?

Nate:  It is extremely large, but I like it because every year I get to class and I meet a new person.

Marleigh:  I’m kind of torn about the class size, to be honest. I love that we are big, and I don’t always have to see people I don’t enjoy, but I miss my friends who are down at NAI.

How do you feel about your school’s newspaper?

Nate:  I feel that it is comprised with hardworking and creative people.

Marleigh:  I love our school’s newspaper.