RANTS & RAVES

From Decibels to Diversity

photo by Josie Wadlow

Anna Sprys listens to Post Malone in her 10th period study hall

Josie Wadlow, Editor-in-Chief

RANTS

No one wants to hear what music you are listening to. You are wearing headphones for a reason! Please, if you are listening to music during a quiet study hall or down time in class, turn it down to a low level. The kids around you do not want to know that you still listen to New Kids on the Block with an occasional heavy metal song thrown in between. They are trying to get their work done.

Ever find yourself wondering if it is sunny or raining outside? Or maybe if there is a disastrous tornado on its way to NASH? Yeah, me too. The lack of windows in this school is ridiculous. Not only do students want to know what weather precautions will be necessary to take when driving on the way home, they want to see light, too. A simple ray of sun would be nice to see as students sit in agony during class.

In the mornings getting dressed takes way longer than it should. The indecisiveness between dressing for winter or summer could easily be fixed with regular air conditioning and heating throughout the school. Naturally, we dress according to the temperature outside, but once inside we weather both Death Valley and Antarctica. It would be nice not to have dress in layers every day, prepared to strip down or suit up at any given time.

RAVES

Good news. If you want to get involved at NASH or need something to fluff up your college applications, the school offers a plethora of clubs to join. The opportunities are endless and range anywhere from Student Council to the Kids of America Club. Whether you want to volunteer in the community or learn how to code, there’s a club for every student.

Not sure about a career path? Don’t sweat! NASH provides classes that explore all different realms of life. You may find a new passion for creative writing or strike up an interest in cyber security. So if your homework load isn’t too much, drop your study hall and try something new. You never know, you could find your future job, passion, or hobby here at NASH.

Applying for college may be tough and confusing, especially if you are a first-timer in the family. With both you and your parents not sure what to do, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of the steps that need completed in order to apply. However, the guidance counselors at NASH are here to guide you (as their names imply). Every one of the counselors will give you their undivided attention and support as you begin the process of applying. Do not hesitate to ask a question. They will be there with a smile and helpful answer.