On Fridays We Wear Pink

Student Section sells T-shirts for this Friday’s Pink Out Game.

photo by Kaycee Orwig

Grace Flanders sells a Pink Out shirt to Gibbs Kanyogo.

Josie Wadlow, Editor-in-Chief

The month of October is most often associated with pumpkins, Halloween, sweater weather, and hay rides. Yet the one thing that is sometimes forgotten, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, may be the most important October event. And this month, the NASH student body is helping to raise awareness.

This year, current Student Section leader Olivia Munson designed T-shirts to be proudly worn at this Friday’s pink out game on October 20th.

Made to raise Breast Cancer awareness and collect money for further medical research, the pink shirts read “Fight like a Tiger”.

“I wanted a simple design that carried a big messge,” Munson said. “With the tiger as our mascot, it seemed fitting to tie that in as we encourage people to join the fight against breast cancer.”

The money collected from the tshirt sales will go to local foundation Glimmer of Hope. The nonprofit organization works to raise money to advance breast cancer research in women during their pre-menopausal stages.

Credit belongs to 2015 graduate Connor Gingrich. He, along with others, came up with the creative idea of showing school spirit and unity. Gingrich’s idea worked so well that it has now become a tradition.

Munson’s original design adds to the tradition. “Breast cancer is something that affects the lives of many families at NA,” the senior said. “The shirts not only contribute to breast cancer research but show our support in the fight as well.”

T-shirts are being sold this week at lunch for $10 a piece. Spare your change and buy what is now the most sought out shirt at NASH to wear to this week’s game against Hempfield.