RANTS & RAVES

Traffic Patterns

Stefan Bordeianu, Community Editor

RANTS

On the left-hand part of your steering wheel, there is a little lever. If you flip that lever up, your right turn signal switches on. If you flip it down, the left turn signal switches on. Now that you know what that lever does, please use it.

Why are there still hall passes? No one has ever stopped me and asked me to show my hall pass. Half the teachers lose theirs, and the other half don’t care if you use theirs. Can we just rely on the honor system and believe that kids in the hallways are not ditching class?

PEOPLE LEARNING TO DRIVE, PLEASE PAY SPECIFIC ATTENTION TO THIS ONE… When you drive and you reach a busy merging point such as any time leaving the NASH parking lot, most people follow a system called the zipper method. This is when a car from one side merges and then a car from the other side follows. Cutting off someone isn’t cool, and you deserve the angry looks that you will receive, so please do everyone a favor and follow the zipper method.

RAVES

Everyone is kind in the hallways. Many people have let me go before them, and I have never seen a fight occur in the hallways. The type of environment we have at North Allegheny is not apparent in many other schools, so we are really lucky to be able to get from point A to point B without trouble.

The school lunches taste really good, and there are many options for every student to choose from. The lunch ladies are also really nice, and some of them know your regular orders or know you by name.

Our student section is number one in the WPIAL, and our sport teams are fantastic. NA consistently wins WPIAL and state championships in sports all over the board. For example, our soccer teams qualified for states, and our girls volleyball team has not lost a single game.