You spent how much?

Ticket prices for Travis Scott’s upcoming concerts are too steep for some, too irresistible for others.
“Travis Scott Rodeo Tour in Toronto March 2015.” by thecomeupshow is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0.

With the recent album drop Utopia from world-renowned rapper Travis Scott, fans clamored for a chance to see the star live on stage.

NASH junior Hisham Naveen was one of many fans who waited eagerly for the opening to buy tickets, as he knew that they would sell out almost instantly. 

But there was no getting around the fact that it was an expensive wait.

“If it’s the price I have to pay to see him perform, I’m willing to pay that price. He is one of the greatest artists of all time,” Naveen stated, after spending $1000 on two tickets to see Scott perform in Newark, New Jersey on December 26th.

Ticket prices for Scott’s show were eye-popping for others, too.

Junior Christopher Hoffman said, “The ticket prices are absolutely ridiculous. I can’t wrap my head around how people spend so much money on concert tickets. It’s listening to music you’ve already heard, and you likely don’t even have a good seat.”

Senior Cole Belonzi sees the situation differently.

“There is a definitely a limit that should be universal for these tickets,” he said, “but I understand why people spend so much. Travis is a once-in-a-lifetime type of artist.”

Belonzi’s sentiments are shared by others.

Another NASH senior, Landon Ward, said “ The ticket prices are justified based on how big of a fan you are. If you’re willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money, it’s justified for you.”  

But if fans are willing to travel farther to see Scott, they may find a surprising bargain. SeatGeek is currently showing tickets for under 50$ for certain shows, including Scott’s date in Charlotte, NC, with the lowest tickets going down to $16. At those prices, ticket holders will be sitting in the nosebleeds, but they will be hearing the same music in the same place as the fans who spent thousands.

Justification is different for everybody.