December 11, 2023

On Wednesday, December 6, 190 NA DECA members competed at the District 2 DECA Conference held at the Baierl Center.  NA received 62 out of 75 individual awards, including First Place awards in 16 of the 18 individual competitive event categories, and 25 out of 32 awards, including First Place awards in 7 of the 8 team event categories!   In all, 112 students qualified to compete at the PA DECA State Conference being held in Hershey, PA on February 21-23, 2024. Congratulations to NA DECA Members on their outstanding performances! A complete list of award winners will be posted on the student information page.

*****

Student Council is partnering with KeyClub, National Honor Society, and Science National Honor Society to host a holiday drive THIS WEEK with all proceeds going to UPMC Passavant hospital. You can get involved by making cards during homeroom from the template your teacher shows you and by donating any of the acceptable donations. The cards and supplies we collect will be given to patients who are in the hospital during the holidays. Donations include cash, adult coloring books, small jigsaw puzzles, mini hand sanitizers and lotion, board games, brand new stuffed animals and blankets. Please reach out to Connor Fadgen with any questions. 

******

The following university is visiting NASH today: Quinnipiac University – Period 6 – in the College Visit Room. Sign up to meet with the representative in your Naviance account under College Visits. Please stop by the counseling office if you have questions or need assistance. 

******

Come see students from the NASH Choir perform at the Winter Cabaret on Wednesday, December 20th at 7 pm in the NASH Auditorium. It’s not your typical chorus concert – no large groups, just solos and duets and some small groups singing popular songs and holiday hits!

******

Do you have a passion for creative writing, art or photography? Do you want to have your work published in a magazine? Submit your creative writing, art, or photography for a chance to be published in VARIATIONS, NASH’s Art & Lit magazine! Visit tinyurl.com/nash-variations or look for the QR code in the halls for more information. 

******

Gathering Hope’s next meeting will take place during homeroom TOMORROW in the Place on Tuesday, December 12th.  All are welcome!

******

Project Water is holding a t-shirt design contest for this year’s tournament shirts for our upcoming 10-year anniversary.  The winner will receive free tournament registration, and their team will get first choice of t-shirt color.  Submit all entries to Mrs. Prosser electronically, or drop off a copy in room 369.  Entries must be submitted by January 2nd.

******

Gathering Hope is collecting gently used blankets, to be distributed to homeless people in our area over the holiday break at the Light of Life Rescue Mission in Pittsburgh.  Please drop off blankets in room 369.

******

Attention NASH writers and artists: What do Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, and Stephen King have in common?  They were winners of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards! This contest has an impressive legacy dating back to 1923; it has grown to become the longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative artists and writers in the U.S. The deadlines for submitting to the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards are coming up soon. The deadline for writing is December 29th. The deadline for art is January 8th. There is a $10 submission fee for each entry, and seniors may submit a portfolio for a $30 fee.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!