January 8, 2024

Breaking News! North Allegheny’s Unified Bocce team will host its first game of the season against Shaler TODAY at 3:00 pm. Please join us in cheering on our team!!

*****

Attention Seniors: A reminder to complete the form for DIPLOMA NAME CONFIRMATION that was sent in an email to all seniors on December 22.  This form is due by January 12.  Please note that there was a glitch in the system as there should be a space between your first and middle name. Iif your name is spelled correctly, please indicate that your name is correct.  Please stop by to see Mrs. Foglio in the Main Office with any questions or concerns.

*****

Attention Seniors:  Senior Banquet tickets will be on sale at a reduced rate during the Early Bird Sale from TOMORROW, January 9th through Thursday, January 11th. Please see Mrs. Perry’s email that was sent to you on Thursday, January 4th for the details and more info on several upcoming senior events.  A link has been sent to you in Mrs. Perry’s email regarding purchasing your ticket online using the MySchoolDance website. Or you can buy your ticket after school Tuesday or Thursday or before school on Friday in the auditorium foyer using a check for $90 made payable to NASH.  All of the dates, times, prices and ways to purchase are included in the email as well. 

******

The following university is visiting NASH today: Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona – Period 5 – in the College Visit Room. Sign up to meet with the representative in your Naviance account under College Visits. Please stop by the counseling office if you have questions or need assistance.

*****

Do you have a passion for creative writing, art or photography? Do you want to have your work published in a magazine? Submit your creative writing, art, or photography for a chance to be published in VARIATIONS, NASH’s Art & Lit magazine! Visit tinyurl.com/nash-variations or look for the QR code in the halls for more information. 

******

Hey NASH! Get ready to bring out your bright colors and flashy accessories, because NASH Student Council is hosting this year’s MORP dance — RIO CARNIVAL! — on Saturday, February 3rd from 7:30-10:30 PM. Tickets will be on sale online from January 17-19 for $20 and from January 22-26 for $25. We hope to see you there!

******

FIRST LEGO League Robotics Club, or FLL Club, introduces science, technology, engineering, and math to elementary school students through exciting hands-on learning. FLL is an international robotics program that provides children with a basic introduction to robotics and programming, and we are now offering this program to North Allegheny’s elementary schools! If you are interested in STEM and have a love for teaching young learners, FLL club is the club for you! Our informational meeting will be on January 17th in room 242 from 2:20-3:00pm. If you are interested in FLL club, fill out the google form here or visit room 242 during homeroom. Official club sign up will open January 17th. Please contact Sienna Li [email protected] or Lily Tang [email protected] with any questions.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day.