Morp Mania

With the winter dance on its way, students are finalizing their plans.
Morp+Mania
Kat Klinefelter

With Morp approaching on February 3rd, students are preparing their plans for the big weekend. While Morp is typically a smaller event than Homecoming, NASH students still take their plans very seriously. Whether they’re going with a date or just friends, their plans must be perfect for the big night. However, the preparations for morp have been going on for quite some time now.

The prep starts with finding an outfit for the dance. Students start weeks in advance to ensure their wardrobe choice arrives in time. Many students shop at stores like Windors or Macy’s, but ordering online seems to be the more popular option. With hundreds of sights to choose from, such as Princess Polly, Lucyinthesky, and Thatssofetch, there are a ton of options for Morp outfits.

“I bought my dress in the beginning of January,” said senior Kaylee Chrobak. “I wanted it to be cheap, so I just ordered it online. I was scared it wasn’t going to come in time for the dance, since it’s from Lucyinthesky and I’ve had issues with ordering there before. Thankfully, it arrived so I don’t have to worry about that anymore. It was only 40 bucks, so I definitely think it was a steal.” 

Next up are the getting-ready plans. These consist of who’s bringing what, which house, who’s going, and more. 

“My favorite part of any dance is getting ready,” said senior Ava Merriman. “I love listening to music with my friends before dinner and the dance. I don’t know exactly what my plans are, though, so I’m a little stressed. I really hope I don’t work because then I can’t start getting ready until later.” 

Many people actually get ready in larger groups. Even though some people have these set plans, many are still up in the air.

“I really prefer getting ready with smaller groups because bigger groups take up so much more space and outlets. I know many people who get ready in big groups, though, and they’re fine,” said Merriman. 

The finale of all Morp plans, excluding the dance, are the dinner reservations. This can be the most stressful part of planning for many. Getting the entire group to decide on one place and making sure they have availability is a crucial part of making the reservation. The timing also has to be perfect to make sure they get to the dance on time. 

“I really don’t know if I’m even going to dinner,” said senior Camryn Erhart. “We have a larger group, so everyone wants to eat different things. The one place we decided on only has a 7 o’clock reservation, which isn’t going to work because the dance starts at 7:30. I don’t care where we go as long as we’re not late.”

It’s a collaborative effort between everyone in the group to make sure the night is unforgettable. As the much anticipated night approaches, students want this to be a Morp for the history books.