February 16, 2024

Attention All Students: Please take a moment to check the LOST & FOUND collection area outside the main office in the Cafeteria. There are many coats, bookbags, water bottles, instruments, and clothing items that have been found throughout the building.  Please check the lost and found for any items you may be missing today.  The lost and found area will be cleaned out and items not claimed will be donated to Goodwill on Monday, February 19th.

******

If you are interested in mentoring for North Allegheny’s FLL Robotics program, please report to room 242 RIGHT NOW for a quick meeting. We will discuss the structure of the upcoming FLL program and have members sign up for mentor-training sessions that will take place throughout March.

******

Fight the winter blues with a cheerful bunch of daffodils!  Daffodil Days is an opportunity for people to join the American Cancer Society’s vision to end cancer as we know it. Dollars raised through Daffodil Days go towards advocacy, research, and patient support. Give Daffodils. Give Hope. Just scan the QR code or visit the website on the flyers that have been placed around the school. The order deadline is TODAY.

******

It’s Facial Hair February!  Each year, NASH raises thousands of dollars for Highmark’s The Caring Place. You can get involved in two ways: 1) Grow out your facial hair for the entire month of February to bring awareness to children’s grief and The Caring Place. 2) Donate money. Each dollar you donate earns you one raffle ticket for prizes like tickets to school events and gift cards. See Mrs. O in Room 265 to learn more.

******

The North Allegheny Federation of Teachers is pleased to announce that they will offer up to two $2,500 scholarships to NA Seniors who plan to enter the elementary or secondary teaching profession.  If you would like to compete for this exciting scholarship opportunity, view and complete the application beginning today, February 12, on Naviance.

******

Do you have a passion for creative writing, art or photography? Do you want to have your work published in a magazine? Submissions for VARIATIONS, NASH’s literary and arts magazine, are currently open! Submissions will be open until the day before spring break, March 22nd. If you would like to submit, please use the QR code on any of our posters. 

******

Gathering Hope is collecting body wash, shampoo, and deodorant for Outreached Arms, which is a non-profit organization that serves the homeless and poor population of Pittsburgh.  Monetary donations will also be accepted.  Please drop off all donations to Mrs. Prosser in room 369 by March 22

******

It’s the FINAL DAY of Student Council’s WHOLE SCHOOL BINGO! Winners, claim your prize in the auditorium during homeroom! Let’s see today’s numbers…

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a fabulous and fly Friday feature!