February 28, 2024

There is a WELLNESS CLUB meeting right now in room 198!   If you are in Wellness Club or are interested in becoming a member – come on down to Room 198. 

******

A representative from Michigan State University will be visiting NASH today during Period 7 in the College Visit Room. Sign up to meet with the representative in your Naviance account under College Visits.

******

The Health and Physical Education Blood Drive is Wednesday, March 6th and there is an urgent need for blood donations! You can donate in person at school on Wednesday, March 6th.  Please consider signing up with a physical education teacher this week.  All NASH students 16 and older please consider donating and making a difference. NASH staff are welcome too…  For more information or questions, talk with or email your physical education teacher.  Be a HERO, DONATE!

******

There will be a 3v3 basketball tournament in support of The Children’s Heart Foundation during the school day on March 22. Limited spots are available for the tournament, so sign up now using the QR code on flyers throughout the school or the link found in an email from Mr. Karolski. Priority sign-ups are open until March 1st at $20 per person. Late sign-ups are March 2 – March 8 for $25 per person All proceeds go toward The Children’s Heart Foundation, directly supporting a student at McKnight who was born with congenital heart disease. The cost also includes a team T-shirt! 

******

Hey Seniors! Are you ready to step into the glitz and glamour of Hollywood at the 2024 Senior Prom: A Night in Hollywood”?

EARLY BIRD TICKET SALES WILL BEGIN ON MARCH 19TH!  Be sure to secure your spot for a magical evening of elegance and excitement. Prom will be on May 11th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh ballroom. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the magic of Hollywood right here in Pittsburgh.  Purchase your Early Bird tickets between March 19th and 22nd to save money and be a part of the most glamorous event of the year! Watch for an email from Mrs. Perry during the first week of March for more information.

******

NA Girls Ultimate Frisbee — 2-time city champs, prioritizing community, character, and competition. The team promotes attributes like athletic excellence, spirit of the game, and a positive attitude. Practices occur Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:15 to 5:00. Join the Girls’ Ultimate Frisbee team starting March 4th!

******

ATTENTION ALL FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ALUMNI:  If you attended Franklin Elementary School, or currently have a younger sibling or cousin who does, please come back for an afternoon and be a MYSTERY READER on Wednesday, March 6th!  If you are interested in being a Mystery Reader at Franklin Elementary on March 6th, go to the Franklin Elementary School homepage on the North Allegheny website and complete the Google Form by THIS FRIDAY.

******

Juniors eligible for National Honor Society were emailed a candidate letter on February 14th. Completed Candidate Packets are due March 11 by 2:30pm. If you are a junior with a 3.9500+ cumulative weighted GPA and did not receive an emailed letter about NHS, please contact Mrs. Oliver and Mr. Tengowski. 

******

Trying to decide what to do after high school?  Wish you could learn more about the many careers that exist? We have just the thing for you!  The GOAL Office will host a series of lunchtime conversations with career professionals in a multitude of fields. These sessions are open to all students and will occur during lunch periods from March 4 – 15 in the PLACE. If you wish to learn more or sign up, head to the Career Conversations website which can be accessed through the NASH Student Information Bb page or via the QR code on flyers in the hallway.  Stop by the GOAL Office, 249A, with questions.

******

Attention Grandview Mentors: Please plan to attend a brief training session during homeroom in the NASH PLACE (room 255) on either date: Monday, March 4th OR Wednesday, March 6th.  Pick which date works best in your schedule. The field trip to the Carnegie Science Center with Grandview is set for Thursday, March 7th.  Reach out to Mrs. Lombardi in room 249A if you have any questions about the upcoming training sessions or field trip.

******

And now it’s time for YOUR Facial Hair February Raffle Drawing! [[[PAUSE]]] 

The first prize is a Free Snack from Tiger Den. And the winner is…. 

Next up is ANOTHER Free Snack from Tiger Den. And the winner is…. 

Next up is a Tiger T-shirt. And the winner is…. 

Next is a gift card to Los Mayas Mexican Restaurant. And the winner is…. 

Next is ANOTHER gift card to Los Mayas Mexican Restaurant. And the winner is….

Next is a $25 Dudt’s Bakery gift card. And the winner is….  

Next is Terrible Towel and Steelers hat. And the winner is…

Next is a NASH Teacher Parking Pass.  And the winner is…

Finally, we have today’s most unique prize. You Choose How To Shave Mr. Down’s Beard! And the winner is…

Winners, please report to Mrs. O in Room 265 to claim your prizes.  We’ll draw names every day this week, so tune in tomorrow for your chance to win!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!