March 13, 2024

There is a WELLNESS CLUB meeting right now in room 198!   If you are in Wellness Club or interested in becoming a member – come on down to Room 198 RIGHT NOW. 

******

This Friday, a student ambassador from Yale University will be visiting NASH. William Sun is a 2023 North Allegheny graduate in Yale’s Class of 2027. William will provide insight regarding the college application process, financial aid, college curriculum, clubs, life at Yale, and more. The visit will be during 7th period in the College Visit Room, located in the auditorium foyer. Please pre-register for the visit in Naviance and notify your instructor if you will be missing a class.

******

As a reminder, the North Allegheny Federation of Teachers Scholarship application is due TODAY by 2:20 P.M.  Submit your application on-line on Naviance and the recommendations to the guidance office by this deadline.

******

Are you interested in making a difference in the school community and want to make student voices heard? Current juniors are encouraged to apply for the Student School Board Representative position for the 2024-25 school year. An informational session for the position will occur on Tuesday, March 19th immediately after school in the NASH Auditorium, or Wednesday, March 20th immediately after school in the library. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Karolski.

******

Hey Seniors! Are you ready to step into the glitz and glamor of Hollywood at the 2024 Senior Prom: A Night in Hollywood”? EARLY BIRD TICKET SALES WILL BEGIN ON MARCH 19TH!  Be sure to secure your spot for a magical evening of elegance and excitement. The prom will be on May 11th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh ballroom. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the magic of Hollywood right here in Pittsburgh.  Purchase your Early Bird tickets between March 19th and 22nd to save money and be a part of the most glamorous event of the year! Mrs. Perry emailed you all of the important information on March 4th.  Check it out!

******

Attention writers: During the month of April (National Poetry Month), the NASH GOAL Office will host a 30-Day Poetry Challenge. If you sign up, you’ll get a poetry prompt sent to your email inbox each day of April.  You can challenge yourself to write a poem every day–or even just occasionally.  Sharing your work is optional but encouraged! There will be a number of other poetry-related events during the month, so sign up by March 31st using the link on the NASH Student Bb page or by scanning the QR code on the flyers in the hallway. 

******

Do you have a passion for creative writing, art or photography? Do you want to have your work published in a magazine? Submissions for VARIATIONS, NASH’s literary and arts magazine, are currently open! Submissions will be open until the day before spring break, March 22nd. If you would like to submit, please use the QR code on any of our posters. 

******

Gathering Hope is collecting body wash, shampoo, and deodorant for Outreached Arms, which is a non-profit organization that serves the homeless and poor population of Pittsburgh.  Monetary donations will also be accepted.  Please drop off all donations to Mrs. Prosser in room 369 by March 22.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day.