March 20, 2024

A representative from Washington & Jefferson College will be visiting NASH today during Period 6 in the College Visit Room. Any Junior or Senior is welcome to attend to learn more about W&J College.  Seniors attending the information session can also fill out an admission application, have it reviewed with our W&J admissions counselor, and get an instant admission decision before they leave the meeting. Sign up to meet with the representative in your Naviance account under College Visits.

******

Interested in history? Then sign up for the NA History Competition on April 17th after school in the NASH library. Create teams of 3-4 and attempt to win some great prizes! Sign up with the QR code around the school. Email Michael Guantner with questions. 

******

Attention Current Eleventh Graders: Tryouts for the 2024-2025 North Allegheny Dance Team and Color Guard are right around the corner.  If you enjoy performing, the opportunity to travel, or simply want to try something new next school year, joining one of the auxiliary teams to the North Allegheny Marching Band is your chance to do so. Please note that the Tryout Practices have changed, and they now will be held in the NASH Auditorium from 3:30-5:30 on Tuesday, April 9th and Wednesday, April 10th with Auditions being on Friday, April 12th beginning at 3:30pm in the NASH Auditorium.  You must be present all three days.  If you have any questions, please stop in to see Mrs. Frasca in room 312 for more information.

******

Students are encouraged to sign up to take the ASVAB Test, which was originally scheduled for March 21st, but will be now be offered at NASH on Friday, April 12,  at 8:00 a.m. in The Place.  Please stop by the NASH Main Office to register for the test before the end of the day Wednesday, April 10.  The ASVAB exam is an aptitude test designed to help young people align their strengths and interests with a post-secondary plan that works to their advantage. The test takes about three hours and includes 200 items. With our ever-changing workforce, the team here at NASH feels the ASVAB will give students the best direction possible when planning what they would like to do after high school.

******

Hey Seniors! Are you ready to step into the glitz and glamour of Hollywood at the 2024 Senior Prom: A Night in Hollywood” EARLY BIRD TICKET SALES HAVE BEGUN AND WILL BE SOLD TODAY AFTER SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM FOYER OR YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR TICKET ONLINE AT MYSCHOOLDANCE.COM!  IF THIS DOESN’T WORK FOR YOU, YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET TOMORROW MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL OR AFTER SCHOOL ON FRIDAY.  Be sure to secure your spot for a magical evening of elegance and excitement. The prom will be on May 11th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh ballroom. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the magic of Hollywood right here in Pittsburgh.  Purchase your Early Bird tickets between March 19th and 22nd to save money and be a part of the most glamorous event of the year! Mrs. Perry emailed you all of the important information on March 18th.  Check it out!

******

Attention all Seniors: This year’s Post Prom theme is Once a Tiger, Always A Tiger.  Tickets for the event can be purchased for $20.00 a person in the foyer the week of April 16 through the 19th. All Seniors are welcome, even if you do not plan to attend Prom.  Be ready for a night of entertainment, food and fun games with Coach Dave Gray!  

******

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS: The Student Assistance Program proudly announces the start up of a support group about healthy relationships. The group will focus on the knowledge and skills necessary to form and maintain a healthy relationship, how to avoid unhealthy or abusive relationships, and even ways to exit a destructive one in a safe way.  Students are welcome to refer themselves or a friend (anonymously if preferred).  To sign up or learn more about this group, scan the QR code from one of the flyers posted around the school or see Mr. Longo in the Main Office.

******

Are you interested in making a difference in the school community and want to make student voices heard? Current juniors are encouraged to apply for the Student School Board Representative position for the 2024-25 school year. An informational session for the position will occur TODAY immediately after school in the NASH Auditorium, or TOMORROW immediately after school in the library. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Karolski.

******

Attention writers: During the month of April (National Poetry Month), the NASH GOAL Office will host a 30-Day Poetry Challenge. If you sign up, you’ll get a poetry prompt sent to your email inbox each day of April.  You can challenge yourself to write a poem every day–or even just occasionally.  Sharing your work is optional but encouraged! There will be a number of other poetry-related events during the month, so sign up by March 31st using the link on the NASH Student Bb page or by scanning the QR code on the flyers in the hallway. 

******

Do you have a passion for creative writing, art or photography? Do you want to have your work published in a magazine? Submissions for VARIATIONS, NASH’s literary and arts magazine, are currently open! Submissions will be open until the day before spring break, March 22nd. If you would like to submit, please use the QR code on any of our posters. 

******

Gathering Hope is collecting body wash, shampoo, and deodorant for Outreached Arms, which is a non-profit organization that serves the homeless and poor population of Pittsburgh.  Monetary donations will also be accepted.  Please drop off all donations to Mrs. Prosser in room 369 by March 22.

******

Attention Seniors:  The Class of 2024 North Allegheny Pre-Tuition Scholarship informational sheet and applications are now available through Naviance or paper copy through the Counseling Office.  Please submit a copy of the completed application and a copy of the Student Aid Report page reflecting the EFC amount from your FAFSA filing to the Principal’s Office no later than Friday, April 5.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!