April 2, 2024

Seniors…One of the monumental moments in life approaches—Graduation on May 31st. Are you interested in auditioning as one of the two student speakers at commencement? If so, please use the QR code on the posters hanging around school and on Blackboard. Grades, class rank, and popularity are not criteria. We hope everyone interested takes a shot!  The deadline to sign-up is Thursday, April 11th by 2:15.

******

Interested in history? Then sign up for the NA History Competition on April 17th after school in the NASH library. Create teams of 3-4 and attempt to win some great prizes! Sign up with the QR code around the school. Email Michael Gauntner with questions. 

******

Attention Seniors:  Any students planning to submit The Class of 2024 North Allegheny Pre-Tuition Scholarship, please note that the request for the EFC information is now called the SAI amount under the new FAFSA information.  The deadline to submit your application is THIS FRIDAY.  Please stop by to see Mrs. Foglio with any questions or concerns regarding this information.

******

Attention Current 11th Graders: Tryouts for the 2024-2025 North Allegheny Dance Team and Color Guard are right around the corner.  If you enjoy performing, the opportunity to travel, or simply want to try something new next school year, joining one of the auxiliary teams to the North Allegheny Marching Band is your chance to do so. Please note that the Tryout Practices have changed, and they now will be held in the NASH Auditorium from 3:30-5:30 on Tuesday, April 9th and Wednesday, April 10th with Auditions being on Friday, April 12th beginning at 3:30pm in the NASH Auditorium.  You must be present all three days.  If you have any questions, please stop in to see Mrs. Frasca in room 312 for more information.

******

Students are encouraged to sign up to take the ASVAB Test, which was originally scheduled for March 21st, but will be now be offered at NASH on Friday, April 12,  at 8:00 a.m. in The Place.  Please stop by the NASH Main Office to register for the test before the end of the day Wednesday, April 10.  The ASVAB exam is an aptitude test designed to help young people align their strengths and interests with a post-secondary plan that works to their advantage. With our ever-changing workforce, the team here at NASH feels the ASVAB will give students the best direction possible when planning what they would like to do after high school.

******

Attention all Seniors: This year’s Post Prom theme is Once a Tiger, Always A Tiger.  Tickets for the event can be purchased for $20.00 a person in the foyer the week of April 16th through the 19th. All seniors are welcome, even if you do not plan to attend Prom.  Be ready for a night of entertainment, food and fun games with Coach Dave Gray!  

******

As you know, the Pittsburgh Pirates opened their season last Thursday against the Miami Marlins. We caught up with AP Calc teacher Mr. Solenday just before the season began. Roll the clip, and have a great day, NASH!