April 15, 2024

The U.S. Army will be visiting NASH during all lunch periods tomorrow, Tuesday, April 16th.  The Army recruitment team will be bringing along its Special Operations truck named the AS-11. This 64-foot semi-truck is a hands-on virtual reality experience that you are not going to want to miss!

Onboard the trailer is “Operation Firebreak” which is a hands-on virtual reality simulation where Army helicopters douse wild files threatening a small town.  Complete with Oculus headsets and interactive chairs – this VR experience is as close-to-reality as the Army’s real-life missions. The truck exhibit will be outside the front entrance during all lunches tomorrow.

******

Hey Seniors! Are you ready to step into the glitz and glamour of Hollywood at the 2024 Senior Prom: A Night in Hollywood”?

TICKET SALES WILL BEGIN TOMORROW BEFORE SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM FOYER OR ONLINE AT MYSCHOOLDANCE.COM!  Be sure to secure your spot for a magical evening of elegance and excitement. The prom will be on May 11th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh ballroom. Whether it’s your chance to strut your stuff in stunning attire, dance the night away with cherished friends, or capture picture-perfect moments that will last a lifetime, our senior prom promises to be an evening of pure enchantment. Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the magic of Hollywood right here in Pittsburgh. Mrs. Perry emailed you all the essential information again this morning.  Check it out!

******

Interested in running or helping out the community? Then join the Miles2Meals 100 mile relay on May 18th. There will be food, music, a dunk tank, and more. All proceeds will go to North Hills Community Outreach. Signups will close on May 4th. Email Michael Gauntner with questions. 

******

Interested in history? Then sign up for the NA History Competition on April 17th after school in the NASH library. Create teams of 3-4 and attempt to win some great prizes! Sign up with the QR code around the school. Email Michael Gauntner with questions. 

******

Attention all Seniors: This year’s Post Prom theme is Once a Tiger, Always A Tiger.  Tickets for the event can be purchased for $20.00 a person in the foyer the week of April 16th through the 19th. All seniors are welcome, even if you do not plan to attend Prom.  Be ready for a night of entertainment, food and fun games with Coach Dave Gray!  

******

Attention Seniors, this is a reminder to check your student emails often and have your families check the weekly Friday Newsflash email communications for all senior end of year activities and communications.  The emails and Newsflash items will include all information regarding Prom, Post Prom, Senior Banquet and important information regarding activities during the week of graduation and graduation updates. Please stop down to see Mrs. Foglio in the main office with any questions or concerns.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!