April 16, 2024

The U.S. Army will be visiting NASH today during all lunch periods today. The Army recruitment team will be bringing along its Special Operations truck named the AS-11. This 64-foot semi-truck is a hands-on virtual reality experience that you are not going to want to miss! Onboard the trailer is “Operation Firebreak” which is a hands-on virtual reality simulation where Army helicopters douse wild files threatening a small town.  Complete with Oculus headsets and interactive chairs – this VR experience is as close-to-reality as the Army’s real-life missions. The truck exhibit will be outside the front entrance during all lunches.  Stop by today!

******

Hey Seniors! Are you ready to step into the glitz and glamour of Hollywood at the 2024 Senior Prom: A Night in Hollywood”?

TICKET SALES BEGAN THIS MORNING AND WILL BE SOLD TOMORROW AFTER SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM FOYER OR YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR TICKET ONLINE AT MYSCHOOLDANCE.COM!  IF THIS DOESN’T WORK FOR YOU, YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET THURSDAY MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL OR AFTER SCHOOL ON FRIDAY.  All ticket sales end on Friday at 3:00 pm. The prom will be on May 11th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh ballroom.  Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the magic of Hollywood right here in Pittsburgh.  Mrs. Perry emailed you all the essential information on April 15th.  Check it out!

******

Post Prom Tickets will be sold in the foyer this week alongside the Prom tickets — Tuesday and Thursday before school, and Wednesday and Friday after school.  Tickets are $20.00 each and can be purchased with cash, check or Venmo.

******

Attention all prom-goers! If you’ve already secured your ticket to prom and have diligently completed all necessary dance agreements, it’s time to take the next step towards making your prom night extra special.  Time to make your table reservations.  Mrs. Perry emailed all seniors on Monday April 13th with information regarding this week’s prom ticket sales and it also includes a Form to copy, complete, and submit to room 313. You can drop it off before or after school this week or during homeroom. However, there’s a catch – all members of your party must have approved tickets, meaning they’ve purchased their tickets and completed all their dance agreements. Now, for those who haven’t yet gotten their agreements sorted out, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on securing your spot at the hottest event of the year! And for those who haven’t purchased their tickets yet, fret not! Final Prom ticket sales are going on this week. See Mrs. Perry’s email for more details. Let’s make this prom an unforgettable night to remember! 

******

Interested in running or helping out the community? Then join the Miles2Meals 100 mile relay on May 18th. There will be food, music, a dunk tank, and more. All proceeds will go to North Hills Community Outreach. Signups will close on May 4th. Email Michael Gauntner with questions. 

******

Interested in history? Then sign up for the NA History Competition TOMORROW after school in the NASH library. Create teams of 3-4 and attempt to win some great prizes! Sign up with the QR code around the school. Email Michael Gauntner with questions. 

******

Attention Juniors and Seniors: On the afternoon of Wednesday, May 22nd you will have a variety of activities available to celebrate the end of the year! These activities include a fun house, obstacle course, inflatable jousting, hippo chow down, and more! For participation in the inflatable game portion of the event, your parent or guardian must complete the online permission form and waiver, and students must report to a table to receive a wristband. Waivers can be found in the NASH Newsletter.

******

Attention Seniors, this is a reminder to check your student emails often and have your families check the weekly Friday Newsflash email communications for all senior end of year activities and communications.  The emails and Newsflash items will include all information regarding Prom, Post Prom, Senior Banquet and important information regarding activities during the week of graduation and graduation updates. Please stop down to see Mrs. Foglio in the main office with any questions or concerns.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!