May 3, 2024

Attention Seniors:  Senior Banquet tickets will be on sale today until 3:00 pm.  Tickets can be purchased after school in the auditorium foyer and online at MySchoolDance until 3:00 p.m. TODAY.  Please see Mrs. Perry’s email that was sent to you on Monday, April 22nd for the details and more info on several upcoming senior events.  If purchasing in person, please have a check for $100 made payable to NASH with the senior’s name in the memo line of the check.  

******

TigerThon will be selling tickets for their “dance-a-thon” event during all lunch periods TODAY. The tickets will be $20 and you will receive a TigerThon t-shirt, in exchange for your ticket, at the event. T-shirts will also be sold the day of the event. The main “dance-a-thon” event is this Saturday, May 4th from 6-10pm at NASH. It is open to all ages and it is a super fun time, filled with music, dancing, food, Coach Dave, games, and lots of other fun activities. We hope to see you there, to help ensure that no child fights alone!

******

Did you know that this week is WELLNESS WEEK at NASH! Nothing compares to the joy of coming home to a loyal companion. The unconditional love of a pet can do more than keep you company. Pets may also decrease stress, improve heart health, and even help children with their emotional and social skills. Be sure to visit ANIMAL FRIENDS today during all lunch periods. We are asking for donations to enter.   

******

Seniors – Because there have been issues with the FAFSA, many schools have pushed their decision days to later in May. Because of this, we are moving Wear Your Future Day to May 15. NASH staff would love to celebrate with you by inviting you to wear something announcing your college, armed forces, career, or trade school choice for your future on Wednesday, May 15. 

******

NASH Student Council is looking for next year’s leaders! Committees include dance, spirit, service, principals’ advisory, staff appreciation, and student welcome. Help to plan Homecoming, spirit weeks, service projects and more! Please complete the application posted on Blackboard by Friday, May 10th for a leadership position.  If you have any questions, please reach out to NASH Student Council Advisors Mr. Karolski or Mrs. Newell, or the 2024-2025 Student Council President Anna Bridges.

******

Attention Seniors:  Any Senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans by Friday, May 24.

******

Parents telling you to get a job?  Need gas money and spending cash? Stay at school this summer! Safe place to work. Daylight Hours. Weekends off. Make Some Coin. Competitive Wages at $13/hour, $520/week. Have Your Evenings Free. Help Us Get the Buildings Ready for Next Year. You must be 16 years of age and willing to work. Call 412-527-0219 for more information.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for THREE fabulous and fly Friday features!