May 6, 2024

DECA members continued their winning streak this year at the DECA International Career Development Conference held in Anaheim, where over 15,000 students competed and attended leadership academies!  DECA members receiving silver medallions for top test or role play scores at the Achievement Awards included: Andrew Li, Eric Poplavsky, Collin Wang &

Leo Yu. Eric Poplavsky was a Finalist in the top 20). DECA members who were finalists and placed at the Grand Awards Ceremony included: The team of Lyra Ogle & Katherine Hu – Top 10 & Andrew Li received 2nd Place and was awarded the coveted DECA glass! Congratulations to all ICDC award recipients!

******

Seniors – Because there have been issues with the FAFSA, many schools have pushed their decision days to later in May. Because of this, we are moving Wear Your Future Day to May 15. NASH staff would love to celebrate with you by inviting you to wear something announcing your college, armed forces, career, or trade school choice for your future on Wednesday, May 15. 

******

NASH Student Council is looking for next year’s leaders! Committees include dance, spirit, service, principals’ advisory, staff appreciation, and student welcome. Help to plan Homecoming, spirit weeks, service projects and more! Please complete the application posted on Blackboard by Friday, May 10th for a leadership position.  If you have any questions, please reach out to NASH Student Council Advisors Mr. Karolski or Mrs. Newell, or the 2024-2025 Student Council President Anna Bridges.

******

Attention juniors and seniors: On the afternoon of Wednesday, May 22nd, you will have a variety of activities available to celebrate the end of the year! These activities include a fun house, obstacle course, inflatable jousting, hippo chow down, and more! For participation in the inflatable game portion of the event, the student’s guardian must complete the online permission form and waiver, and students must report to a table to receive a wrist band. Waivers can be found in the NASH Newsletter and the NASH student information page on blackboard.

******

Attention ALL DECA members AND business students!  DECA Day with the Pirates will be held on Thursday, May 23, at PNC Park.  Members will work in groups to create a Fan Experience Package (FEP), will present it to the entire group, and then enjoy the game – the Pirates VS. the Giants! Check your email for the sign-up and permission forms, or ask any business teacher for details. Those interested must complete the sign-up form and turn in a signed permission slip and payment to Mrs. Coss before 2:00 on Thursday, May 9! If you have any questions, email Mrs. Sullivan.

******

Attention Seniors:  Any Senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans by Friday, May 24.

******

Parents telling you to get a job?  Need gas money and spending cash? Stay at school this summer! Safe place to work. Daylight Hours. Weekends off. Make Some Coin. Competitive Wages at $13/hour, $520/week. Have Your Evenings Free. Help Us Get the Buildings Ready for Next Year. You must be 16 years of age and willing to work. Call 412-527-0219 for more information.

******

The NA GSA is holding a meeting this Wednesday, May 8th after school in the Place at NASH. Please join us as we begin to wrap up our year with great conversation, support, and snacks. Questions? Contact us at [email protected].  

******

Would you like to help make a difference in your community? Peebles Volunteer Fire Company is visiting NASH on Monday, May 13th during all lunch periods. Stop by for more information. 

******

Attention Seniors: Looking to find money to help pay for college or trade school? Be sure to check out the many scholarship opportunities still available.  Scholarships are posted in Naviance. To find all the scholarship postings, go to Naviance, Colleges, Scholarships & Money, and Scholarship Search. Be sure to check it out today! Any questions, please stop by the Counseling Office. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day!