RANTS & RAVES

The Well Runs Dry

Nick Giorgetti, Politics Editor

RANTS

Why don’t the water fountains/filling stations on the second-floor work? They were brand spanking new this year, were convenient to use and promised to save the school from throwing away thousands of water bottles per year. Is there no warranty on them? Or maybe they’re hard to fix — I am no plumber, but answers are always nice. While it certainly is not the end of the world, stairs at NASH are annoying, and who wants to go down and up to efficiently fill up their water bottle?

More importantly, why can the crossing guard not be there directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic every day in the crosswalk from main to ghetto?  It is quite helpful in alleviating congestion when he is there to make cars and pedestrians take turns. It cuts down on the pandemic chaos that is the student parking lot. Alas, it is a rare occurrence when we are graced with his presence.

And why is June 15th our graduation? I mean, c’mon, that’s halfway through June. The summer for sports camps, music camps, and summer readings keeps on getting shorter. NA wants to know why students are so stressed. Well, summer used to be 3 months. Think on that.

RAVES

Spring is here and, man, did it take a while — the snow has been unmercifully relentless. Even though I am a winter guy, I will concede–it’s April! It’s time for the weather to be in the 70’s like it will be this weekend. Weather can certainly help the student body feel that summer is near.

For all those seniors out there — we did it. We can proudly call ourselves fourth-quarter seniors. We’ve worked hard over the last four years and can reap the benefits of enjoying Senior Prom, Senior Banquet, grad parties and so on (sorry, juniors). We’re committing to colleges and trade schools, going to work, and planning out the rest of our lives. While it may be daunting for some, it’s exciting to know how close the next chapter in our lives is.  

I just want to take a minute to appreciate the diverse food of the greater Pittsburgh area. From the mac n’ cheese bites at Sheetz to the finest Italian restaurants to the hip, young food scene in Lawrenceville and the street vendors in the Strip District, our culinary options in Pittsburgh are truly something to savor.