Nightclub comes to NASH

photo by Kaycee Orwig

Katelyn Karpinski is one of 24 singers preparing for the debut of the NASH Cabaret

Amber Vora, Staff Writer

Every day, students brush past each other in a hurry to get to class. Little does anyone know, they’re walking past future pop singers, Broadway stars, and famous musicians. Get to know them at the upcoming NASH Cabaret on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 7:00 in the Cafeteria.

According to Choral Director Mr. Schmiech, a cabaret is a way for students to sing either as soloists or in small groups. They aren’t limited to a specific type of music, which will allow the performers to show off their originality.

“This [cabaret] gives our Choir students an opportunity to perform music outside of the standard choral tradition,” Schmiech said. “Many of our NASH students are extremely talented in many musical styles, and we want to showcase the diversity of their talents.”

The atmosphere of the Cabaret will be relaxed, and there will be light refreshments and desserts served during the performance.

“The show will not be a formal theater performance,” Schmiech added. “Instead, it will have a coffeehouse vibe.”

Entrance to the cabaret is free, but donations will go toward the Chorus’ Disney trip this spring.