February 5, 2020

Attention Boys Soccer Scholar Athletes, please stop down to the Main Office to pick up your certificates and t-shirts.

******

Congratulations to these students for their recent success with the Scholastic Writing Awards:

David Herman – Silver Key Award for poetry

Zehra Mehdi – Honorable Mention and Silver Key Awards for poetry

Faith Nguyen – Honorable Mention, Gold Key, and American Visions Nominee Awards for film/animation, poetry, and dramatic script

Claire Shao – Gold Key award for personal essay

Vidya Surti – Honorable Mention award for poetry

Makayla Wach – Honorable Mention, Silver Key, and Gold Key Awards for flash fiction, short stories, and dramatic script

******

The following colleges will be visiting NASH TODAY:

University of Florida during 5th lunch

Paul Smith’s College during 7th lunch

Virginia Tech during 9th lunch

Sign up to meet with the representative  on your Naviance account.

******

Morp tickets are being sold Feb 3-14 during all lunch periods. Students must pre-register on the NASH homepage before purchasing tickets. Tickets are $15/person and $30/couple the first week and $20/person and $40/couple the second week. The dance is on Saturday February 15th from 8-11pm in the NASH Cafeteria. The theme is Winter Wonderland. Please fill out a guest form (located at the ticket sale table) prior to purchasing a ticket for a non-NA student.

******

Pittsburgh will be hosting a National College Fair at the David Lawrence Convention Center on Thursday, February 6 and Friday, February 7. Visit CollegeFairGuide.com for all the details.

There will be a few college visits to NASH next week while the representatives are in town. Sign up on your Naviance account to meet with the college reps.

******

Hear ye! Hear ye! Shakespeare Club will meet today after school in room 227. Join us for fun and fellowship as we read, discuss, and celebrate Shakespeare. That’s after school today in room 227.

******

Attention seniors:  Senior t-shirts are still on sale in room 313 for $15 (cash or check written out to NASH) but supplies are getting low.  As of yesterday, we have sold out of Mediums and Larges. We still have smalls, extra large and double XL. Get yours before they are gone!  You can stop in anytime up through homeroom or after school.

******

Do you have books stacking up from when you were a kid? The NA Interact Club is collecting new or gently used children’s books to benefit the students at Grandview Elementary School.  Books can be dropped off starting now until February 11th in boxes at the GOAL office, front vestibule, and athletic entrance.

******

The NA GSA is meeting TODAY after school in Room 252 at NASH. The GSA is a non-judgmental, safe, nurturing, and affirming place for students of all genders and sexual orientations. For more information, contact us at [email protected].

******

The sixth annual project water tournament will be taking place Tuesday April 7. Registration will open Thursday, February 13 at 8 PM, for teams and will close soon after!”

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!