November 4, 2021

Attention students, TODAY is the final day for any Junior photo retakes or Senior Headshots for the yearbook as Madia Studios will be at NASH until 9:30 a.m. in the auditorium vestibule.  Juniors, please remember to bring your order form and payment for your photos.

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: George Mason University – In Person – Period 5 – The Place. Eckerd College – VIRTUAL – Period 6 – The Place. York College of Pennsylvania – In Person – Period 7 – The Place. Sign up to meet with the representative on your Naviance account.

******

The DECA membership drive is ending on Monday, November 8th, and motivated individuals who love a challenge are still needed to meet their membership goal!  Sign up today by scanning the QR code on flyers around the school or on Mrs. Sullivan’s home page and submit your membership dues by November 8! DECA’s pizza party & membership meeting will be held on Thursday, November 11th and is for PAID MEMBERS ONLY! If you have any questions, stop by Room 249 or email Mrs. Sullivan.  Don’t delay, sign up today!!!!  

******

NASH’s first-ever fall musical, Mamma Mia!, runs for two days only — this Saturday at 2pm and 7pm, and this Sunday at 2pm. Buy your tickets at namusical.com and enjoy the show!

******

Are you still looking to join an after-school club?  If so, consider NA Interact. Interact’s next meeting is on Wednesday, November 10th, starting at 2:30 in the NASH “PLACE”—the room attached to the library. What is Interact? It’s a service-based club that involves monthly meetings, outside service opportunities, and a chance to travel, grow, or connect. Come to the next meeting to learn more!  Or sign up by using the QR code on the flyers in the hallway. See Mrs. Lombardi in Room 249A with questions.

******

Stop in the NASH library this week to visit the frighteningly realistic graveyard diorama created by our own Mr. Rhinehart.  The hand-rendered detail promises to draw you in, but beware, for many unfortunate souls have never returned from Bron Mauer Cemetery.  Don’t miss your chance to see it in person…if you dare!  And be sure to check out a scary book while you’re here.

******

The Autistic  and life skills support class is selling handmade beaded bracelets to support  Zip With Us.  This charity donates free ZipShirts to pediatric cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy throughout the U.S. and beyond. The bracelets will be on sale during 6th period lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Have a particular color in mind? Students and teachers can come to room 268 to place their order. The price of the bracelet is $8 or 2 for $15

******

The NASH Canned Food Drive, run by NASH Student Council, will be held from Monday, November 8th, to Monday, November 15th, in support of the North Hills Food Bank.  Students will be able to donate unopened, non-perishable canned and boxed food.  Cash donations of any amount will also be accepted, with one dollar being equal to two cans.  Students will turn in their cans to their homerooms during the drive — the homeroom with the most reported cans will win a doughnut breakfast!  Let’s make sure that no members of our community are hungry this Thanksgiving!  Thanks for your help, NASH.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for YOUR Throwback Thursday!