December 17, 2021

NASH’s 2021 Winter Spirit Week will take place next week with the following themes: Winter PJ Day on Monday, Holiday in Hawaii on Tuesday, Winter Sports on Wednesday, and Ugly Sweater Day on Thursday. So make sure to wear your most festive spirit and attire to celebrate our last week before winter break.

******

Attention all students planning to participate in the NASH Ski and Board Club: The payment for the first planned ski trip in January is due TODAY. If we do not have enough to fill and pay for the bus, we will need to cancel — so get your payment and your form turned in by TODAY.

******

How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. WHICH STAFF MEMBER WRESTLED A GRIZZLY BEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL FOR A FUNDRAISER? To repeat, WHICH STAFF MEMBER WRESTLED A GRIZZLY BEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL FOR A FUNDRAISER? And remember: The answer may be ANY NASH staff member, not just teachers.  The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

The University of Buffalo will be visiting NASH, Monday, December 20th through a VIRTUAL visit during 5th lunch. If you would like to meet with the representative, use your Naviance account to sign up and log into the Virtual Visit.

******

Registration for the North Allegheny Red Cross Youth Club for grades 9-12 is open! Youth volunteers serve on disaster action teams, hold leadership positions on local boards, support veterans, plan fundraisers for humanitarian aid, and plan blood drives in the community – all while serving as an official representative of one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world! If you are interested, fill out the google form emailed to everyone or attend the informational meeting on Monday, December 20th in room 322 at 2:30pm. Please contact Tejal Dahake at [email protected] for questions.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!