October 10, 2022

Attention Students interested in taking AP Exams.  Early bird registration will run through November 10th.  Late registration will follow but with monetary penalties. The registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

******

Attention Seniors:  It is time to start putting together some great Halloween costumes.  Interested in chance to win a free ticket to the 2023 Senior Banquet on the Gateway Clipper valued at $80 or a free 2023 Senior T-shirt?  On October 31st, the Senior Class will be having a Halloween Costume Contest.  Wear your best, most creative costume to school on that Monday and get your picture taken in room 313 before school or during homeroom to be entered into the contest.  Full face make-up, costume masks and play weapons are not allowed at school.  Please keep this in mind.  A secret panel of teachers will be doing the judging and winners will be announced on Thursday, November 3rd.  So, what’s it going to be a Sanderson sister, a vampire , Spider Man, or maybe someone from Star Wars?  Can’t wait to find out. 

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: Cleveland Institute of Art, during 5th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Elizabethtown College, during 6th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Wake Forest University, during 7th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Please pre-register to meet with the representative using your Naviance account.

******

The NA GSA is having our first meeting this Wednesday at 2:30. Please join us in the NASH Library for advocacy, support, and education…plus some fun times!! The NA GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and allies. Contact us at [email protected] for more information!

******

Do you want to learn to save lives? Know first aid? Become CPR certified? If so, the North Allegheny CPR Club is perfect for you! The club is a student-run initiative advocating for first aid and CPR educational opportunities amongst high school students. Please scan one of the flyers posted around the school, or follow our Instagram @nacprclub to sign up!

******

Hey NASH! Kat Klinefelter is putting together this years’ senior video. If you have any photos or videos from Homecoming please send them to her at [email protected]

******

We are pleased to announce the start of the Digital Art and Computer Vision club at NASH. This new club will provide opportunities to explore the intertwining of art and technology such as virtual reality art, AI art, 3D animation, computer vision, digital drawing, and more. Everyone is welcome to join! The first meeting is October 27th after school until 3:15 at the NASH PLACE attached to the library. The topic will be virtual reality drawing, and club members can try their hand at drawing in 3D space with a virtual reality headset. Please contact Helen Mao or Mrs. Lombardi if you have questions or would like to sign up. You may also sign up during the first meeting on October 27th. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org. Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!