October 17, 2022

Attention students who are 18 years old! NASH will be having a voter registration drive this week from Wednesday October 19th to Friday October 21st during all three lunch periods. Stop by the cafeteria during your lunch period to get registered before next month’s midterm elections!

******

The North Allegheny Varsity Bowling team would like to invite all high school students to our after-school intramurals program beginning TODAY and continuing every Monday and Wednesday when school is in session until mid-November.  All skill levels of bowlers are encouraged to attend.  We will meet at Perry Park Lanes in McCandless from 3:00 -5:00 pm.  Three games of bowling and shoe rental = $6.  Students are encouraged to come out and meet the students that make up our Championship Bowling team.  

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: Binghamton University, during 5th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Queens University of Charlotte, during 6th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. High Point University, during 7th lunch in the College Visit Reception room. Please sign up to meet with the representative using your Naviance account.

******

The STEMinism club is meeting on Wednesday, October 19 from 3:00 – 4:00 in room 322. Join us to connect with other women in STEM and to make slime! 

******

Attention students interested in taking AP Exams.  Early bird registration will run through November 10th.  Late registration will follow but with monetary penalties. The registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

******

Attention Seniors:  Interested in a chance to win a free ticket to the 2023 Senior Banquet on the Gateway Clipper valued at $80 or a free 2023 Senior T-shirt? It’s time to start putting together some great Halloween costumes.  On October 31st, the Senior Class will be having a Halloween Costume Contest.  Wear your best, most creative costume to school on that Monday and get your picture taken in room 313 before school or during homeroom to be entered into the contest.  Please note: Full face make-up, costume masks and play weapons are not allowed at school.  Please keep this in mind.  A secret panel of teachers will be doing the judging and winners will be announced on Thursday, November 3rd.  So, what’s it going to be? A Sanderson sister, a vampire, Spider Man, or maybe someone from Star Wars?  Can’t wait to find out! 

******

Do you want to learn to save lives? Know first aid? Become CPR certified? If so, the North Allegheny CPR Club is perfect for you! The club is a student-run initiative advocating for first aid and CPR educational opportunities amongst high school students. Please scan one of the flyers posted around the school, or follow our Instagram @nacprclub to sign up!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!