December 15, 2022

Attention Seniors:  In less than a month, on January 10th – 12th, Senior Banquet tickets will be on sale at a reduced price of $75.  Tickets will be sold after school on the 10th and 12th and before school on the 11th.  Mark your calendars.  This is a great event that you are sure to want to attend so why not save the $10 and buy yours early.  Tickets will be sold again in May, but the cost will go up to $85.  Please see the email that Dr. Dirda sent to all of you from the senior class advisors on December 7th for more information regarding the sale and other upcoming senior events.  Information is also posted in the NASH Weekly Newsflash.   

******

Attention DECA competitors!   The departure time for the DECA District Conference is now 7:30 a.m. instead of 9:10 a.m.!  Students should report to the front of the school to board the buses by 7:20.   Check your email and read Remind messages for important conference updates.  You also need to sign up for a bus by the end of the school day or you will be assigned to one.

******

Also, DECA Competitors are asked to take a few dollars to the district conference on Thursday.  A Miracle Minute will be held at the awards ceremony to collect donations for the PA DECA state charity, the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  The Ronald McDonald House provides comfort, support, and resources to families who travel far from home for the medical care their child needs.  Please be as generous as possible. All DECA members are reminded to bring in aluminum can tabs to Mrs. Sullivan in Room 249.  The tabs also support the Ronald McDonald House.

******

Next week is NASH Student Council winter spirit week. Roll out of bed on Monday in your pajamas, Tuesday break out your ugly sweater, Wednesday wear your favorite jersey, Thursday pull out your favorite holiday hat, and Friday bring out your favorite flannel. On Tuesday, December 20th, see a Student Council officer or stop by the auditorium during homeroom to enter the Ugly Sweater Contest! The winner will be announced Friday. On Friday, December 23rd wear your favorite flannel, enjoy hot chocolate in the morning handed out by Student Council members, and get your picture at a photo booth during lunches!

******

Next week The Douglas Education Center will be visiting campus.  Douglas Education Center is a local accredited career school.  Their unique programs include Filmmaking; Special Effects; Cosmetology; Massage Therapy; Heavy Equipment Training and Commercial Driver’s License certification.  The representatives will be in the College Visit Room during 5th period lunch on Wednesday, December 21st.

******

Last call!  Items left in the cafeteria Lost and Found will be removed and donated this Friday afternoon, December 16th.  Please check the shelves this week and retrieve anything that belongs to you by the end of lunch on Friday.

******

Hey NASH! Are you looking to discuss all things comics? Comic book club might be the place for you! We will be meeting every Thursday after school in Mr. Kodenkandeth’s room 326! Please contact Layla Musselman at [email protected] or Mr. Kodenkandeth for more details. Hope to see you there this Thursday!

******

Hey NASH. Have any extra plastic bags lying around at home or at work? Project Water will be hosting a Plastic Bag Drive where donations will be repurposed to benefit Pittsburgh’s homeless. Please bring plastic bags to Mrs. Prosser in room 369 any time before TOMORROW! Feel free to email Mrs. Prosser at [email protected] or Alyssa Yen at [email protected] with any questions.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for YOUR Throwback Thursday!