April 12, 2023

Free ice cream, milkshakes, phone chargers, candy, blankets, gift cards, and more! Get ready for NASH Student Council’s Whole School Bingo!! On Monday, April 17th, every homeroom teacher will receive bingo cards in their mailbox. Students, make sure you hold onto these bingo cards throughout the week because they are worth some great prizes.  Watch the morning announcements April 18th through the 21st. Each day, we will roll 5 bingo numbers. Redeem your winning cards across from the main office. First come first served to claim prizes! Winning bingo cards will have 5 in a row up, down, or diagonal! Stay tuned for more on Whole School Bingo, following Spring Break!

******

Attention Seniors:  Prom tickets will be sold next week from April 18th – April 21st.  Tickets cost $90 per person.  Checks should be made payable to NASH.  Please make sure to complete the Online Google Registration 24 hours in advance of the sale you chose to attend to ensure your paperwork is all complete and accurate.  To find the sale times, link to the online registration,  Dance Agreements and Guest Permission Forms, please see Dr. Dirda’s email sent on March 23rd.

******

FCCLA wants to thank NASH for a successful Prom Dress Drive during the week before Spring Break.  And now it’s time to draw the winner of TWO FREE PROM TICKETS!  Take it away, Julia…

******

It’s time to register to vote! NASH will be holding a voter registration drive this week from Tuesday, April 18th to Thursday, April 20th during all three lunch periods. Stop by the front of the cafeteria during your lunch period to get registered before the May primary elections!

******

Attention ALL DECA members!  DECA Day with the Pirates will be held on Wednesday, May 10, at PNC Park.  Members will meet with a panel of sports marketing experts, and then enjoy the game – the Pirates VS. the Colorado Rockies! All attendees also have an opportunity to apply for a Pirates Scholarship. Members must complete the sign-up form and pay by this Friday, April 14! Scholarship applications are due by May 1. If you have any questions, email Mrs. Sullivan. 

******

Attention all knitters and crocheters, there is a meeting for knitting club this Friday in room 227. If you have any questions, you can ask Zefir or Mrs. Rhinehart.

******

The NA GSA is welcoming the Hugh Lane Wellness Foundation to this week’s meeting! The great folks from Hugh Lane will be discussing their Affirm program, which provides an opportunity for LGBTQ+ youth to come together to protect their health, learn ways to navigate spaces & caregivers that are not always supportive, learn stress coping skills, and meet other LGBTQ+ youth. Please come to this week’s GSA meeting to find out more about this terrific program. We will meet in The Place, attached to the NASH Library, at 2:30 TODAY. There will be snacks and a door prize! Contact us at [email protected] for more information. 

******

North Allegheny tennis coaches (including varsity coaches Michelle Weniger and Dom Gliozzi) will be conducting voluntary off-season practices beginning May 9th  and running through September for both girls and boys interested in playing high school tennis to prepare for the 2023/24 seasons.  These workouts are free of charge and limited to rising 9th to 12th students and will be held at the NASH tennis courts on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 8pm.  If interested, please contact any of the email addresses below.

******

The U.S. Marine Corps and Washington University in St. Louis will be visiting NASH during 5th period TODAY. Sign up to meet with the representatives in your Naviance account.

******

And now it’s time for your Wednesday Wisecrack.  Sit back and enjoy.  Roll the clip…

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!