April 14, 2023

Free ice cream, milkshakes, phone chargers, candy, blankets, gift cards, and more! Get ready for NASH Student Council’s Whole School Bingo!! On Monday, April 17th, every homeroom teacher will receive bingo cards in their mailbox. Students, make sure you hold onto these bingo cards throughout the week because they are worth some great prizes.  Watch the morning announcements April 18th through the 21st. Each day, we will roll 5 bingo numbers. Redeem your winning cards across from the main office. First come first served to claim prizes! Winning bingo cards will have 5 in a row up, down, or diagonal! Stay tuned for more on Whole School Bingo.

******

Attention Seniors:  Prom tickets will be sold next week from April 18th – April 21st.  Tickets cost $90 per person.  Checks should be made payable to NASH.  Please make sure to complete the Online Google Registration 24 hours in advance of the sale you chose to attend to ensure your paperwork is all complete and accurate.  To find the sale times, the link to the online registration,  Dance Agreements and Guest Permission Forms, please see Dr. Dirda’s email sent on March 23rd.

******

Saddle up for this year’s Wild West Post Prom, an all-nighter back at NASH following Prom that’s you’re sure to remember! Tarot card readings, a hypnotist, food, dancing, and SO MUCH MORE, in addition to THE Coach Dave Gray.  Take it away, Coach…

******

Seniors: Remember to check your Naviance account for current scholarship opportunities, including the Ingomar Elementary and Bradford Woods Elementary scholarships.  Deadlines are posted.

******

It’s time to register to vote! NASH will be holding a voter registration drive from Tuesday, April 18th to Thursday, April 20th during all three lunch periods. Stop by the front of the cafeteria during your lunch period to get registered before the May primary elections!

******

Attention ALL DECA members!  DECA Day with the Pirates will be held on Wednesday, May 10, at PNC Park.  Members will meet with a panel of sports marketing experts, and then enjoy the game – the Pirates VS. the Colorado Rockies! All attendees also have an opportunity to apply for a Pirates Scholarship. Members must complete the sign-up form and pay by this Friday, April 14! Scholarship applications are due by May 1. If you have any questions, email Mrs. Sullivan. 

******

Attention all knitters and crocheters, there is a meeting for knitting club TODAY in room 227. If you have any questions, you can ask Zefir or Mrs. Rhinehart.

******

North Allegheny tennis coaches will be conducting voluntary off-season practices beginning May 9th  and running through September for both girls and boys interested in playing high school tennis to prepare for the 2023/24 seasons.  These workouts are free of charge and limited to rising 9th to 12th grade students and will be held at the NASH tennis courts on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 8pm.  If interested, please contact any of the email addresses below.

******

And now for your daily weather report.  Over to you, Libby…

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a fabulous and fly Friday feature!