April 26, 2023

Attention Prom-goers: Mrs. Perry sent all Prom ticket purchasers an email on Sunday with an attached Google Form to choose who will be at your Prom table.  Tables seat up to 10.  Stop by room 313 with the completed form by 2:30 TODAY to choose where you would like to sit.  You must have all ticket purchaser’s names and ticket numbers on the form.  She will be accepting reservations during homeroom and at the end of the school day TODAY. 

******

This is the FINAL WEEK TO PURCHASE POST PROM TICKETS. Tickets will be sold during all lunch periods Wednesday and Friday ONLY. Over 300 tickets have already been sold! Grab yours this week to be part of the Round Up! $20. Cash, Check and Venmo accepted.

******

Attention Seniors:  Senior Banquet Tickets will be on sale May 2nd through the 4th.  They will be sold before school on Tuesday the 2nd, before and after school on Wednesday the 3rd, and after school on Thursday the 4th, which will be the FINAL day of the sale.  If you are an AM/PM Beattie student or are taking an AP exam next week, please plan on attending the appropriate sale.  Tickets are $85 per person.  Checks should be made payable to NASH.  If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Perry in room 313 or Mr. Solenday in room 311.  Keep an eye out for an email from Dr. Dirda with information regarding all the important upcoming senior events

******

Attention all students: The annual TigerThon event, NA’s annual dance-a-thon to help the fight against pediatric cancer, will be happening Saturday, May 6th from 6pm to 10pm in the NASH gym.  Save the date, and stay tuned for more details about ticket sales.

******

Attention students, cafeteria lunch monitors need your help!

To avoid disruption to classes on the 2nd and 3rd floors during all lunch periods, students must stay in the cafeteria and locker areas until the bell.  Students are not permitted to roam throughout the building. Thank you!

******

Attention Hosack Elementary Senior Class — the application form for the Class of 2023 Hosack Elementary PFA Scholarship is available in Naviance.  Request your official transcript from the NASH Counseling Office.

******

The NA GSA is meeting again TODAY after school in The Place, attached to the NASH Library. The Hugh Lane Wellness Foundation is joining us again! We will be continuing our work with their Affirm program. Affirm provides an opportunity for LGBTQ+ youth to come together to protect their health, learn ways to navigate spaces & caregivers that are not always supportive, learn stress coping skills, and meet other LGBTQ+ youth. Please come to this week’s GSA meeting to take part in this great program!! Questions? Contact us at [email protected].

******

And now it’s time for your Wednesday Wisecrack.  Sit back and enjoy.  Roll the clip…

******

Attention Current 11th Graders: Tryouts for the 2023-2024 North Allegheny Marching Band Color Guard team are right around the corner, no experience necessary!  If you enjoy performing and the opportunity to travel, or simply want to try something new next school year, Color Guard is your chance to do so. Tryout Practices will be held in the NASH Auditorium from 3:30-5:30 on Tuesday, May 9th and Wednesday, May 10th, with Auditions being held on Friday, May 12th beginning at 3:30pm in the NASH Auditorium.  You must be present ALL THREE DAYS.  If you have any questions, please email Miss Grecco at [email protected] or look for the flyers hanging around the school.

******

Attention Seniors:  Any Senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans. 

******

Hey, NASH! Pass your baton off to those in need! Team up with your friends and community to join in the fight against hunger in a fun and exciting way! Come out to the track for an innovative relay race and take part in a whole day of food, games, awards, prizes and excitement. You will sign up to run one mile out of 100 on one of two teams to help do your part in a larger and exciting community fundraiser. Participants can also sign up with their friends in subgroups of 5 people. All skill groups are encouraged to participate, not just avid runners. The event will take place on Saturday, May 20th. Look for flyers around the school and contact Vincent Rotunno with any questions.

****** 

NASH Student Council is holding a personal care drive through Friday to benefit the north hills community outreach. Please bring in personal care items such as soap, shampoo, ChapStick, etc. Check NASH StuCo’s Instagram for more info or reach out to [email protected] with any questions

******

Join us in celebrating at the NASH Art Show Wednesday, May 3rd after school from 6:30 – 8:30 PM located in the NASH main lobby. We are excited for a night filled with NASH student artwork, pottery wheel demonstrations, and refreshments. Hope to see you there!

******

Attention Seniors: Remember to check your Naviance account for the local scholarship opportunities closing at the end of the month.  If you have any questions, stop by the Counseling Office.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great NASH.