May 1, 2023

Thank you to all current sophomores and juniors for voting for next year’s NASH Student Council Officers. Your 2023-2024 Student Council officers are. President: Sam Lopuzynski. Vice president: Anna Bridges. Treasurer: Olivia Altman. Publicity Director: Riley Spitz. Corresponding Secretary: Corrin Johnson. Recording Secretary: Connor Fadgen. Student Representative to the School Board: Isla Modic

******

Attention Seniors:  Senior Banquet Tickets will be on sale TOMORROW through Thursday.  They will be sold before school on Tuesday, before and after school on Wednesday, and after school on Thursday.  This will be the final day of the sale.  If you are an AM/PM Beattie student or are taking an AP exam next week, please plan on attending the appropriate sale.  Tickets are $85 per person.  Checks should be made payable to NASH.  If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Perry in room 313 or Mr. Solenday in room 311.  Keep an eye out for an email from Dr. Dirda with information regarding all the important upcoming senior events.

******

This week is Wellness Week, filled with fun games, activities and themes all week long! Today, look out for a coloring table set up during all lunch periods (coloring is a great way to relax and reduce stress).  Be sure to wear your favorite USA gear tomorrow. For a full schedule of events and dress up themes, check out the Wellness Week announcement on blackboard or look for the posters around the school.

******

Attention all students: The annual TigerThon event, NA’s annual dance-a-thon to help the fight against pediatric cancer, will be happening THIS SATURDAY from 6pm to 10pm in the NASH gym.  For more information, scan the QR codes on the flyers around the school.

******

NASH Student Council is looking for next year’s leaders! Committees include dance, spirit, service, principal’s advisory, staff appreciation, and student recognition. Help to plan homecoming, spirit weeks, service projects and more! Find the application on Blackboard by Friday, May 12th!

******

Attention Seniors:  Any senior who has received a military appointment to an academy or plans to enlist in any branch of the armed services, please stop down to the Main Office to see Mrs. Foglio to let her know of your future plans. 

******

Join us in celebrating at the NASH Art Show THIS WEDNESDAY from 6:30 – 8:30 PM located in the NASH main lobby. We are excited for a night filled with NASH student artwork, pottery wheel demonstrations, and refreshments. Hope to see you there!

******

Attention Current 11th Graders: Tryouts for the 2023-2024 North Allegheny Marching Band Color Guard team are right around the corner, no experience necessary!  If you enjoy performing, the opportunity to travel, or simply want to try something new next school year, Color Guard is your chance to do so. Tryout Practices will be held in the NASH Auditorium from 3:30-5:30 on Tuesday, May 9th and Wednesday May 10th, with Auditions on Friday May 12th beginning at 3:30pm in the NASH Auditorium.  You must be present ALL THREE days.  If you have any questions, please contact Miss Grecco or look to the flyers hanging around the school.

******

Any current 8th through 11th grader interested in trying out for Girls Tennis this coming fall should attend a player and parent meeting with Coach Michelle Weniger at the Baierl Center’s Ponce Room on Monday, May 22nd at 6:00pm.

******

Hey, NASH! Pass your baton off to those in need! Team up with your friends and community to join in the fight against hunger in a fun and exciting way! Come out to the track for an innovative relay race and take part in a whole day of food, games, awards, prizes and excitement. You will sign up to run one mile out of 100 on one of two teams to help do your part in a larger and exciting community fundraiser. Participants can also sign up with their friends in subgroups of 5 people. All skill groups are encouraged to participate, not just avid runners. The event will take place on Saturday, May 20th. Look for flyers around the school and contact Vincent Rotunno with any questions.

****** 

North Allegheny varsity tennis coaches will be conducting voluntary off-season practices beginning May 9th  and running through September for both girls and boys interested in playing high school tennis to prepare for the 2023/24 seasons.  These workouts are free of charge and limited to rising freshmen through seniors and will be held at the NASH tennis courts on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 8pm.  If interested, please email any of the addresses below.

******

New full-time jobs, internships and summer part-time job openings and have been listed on the job board in the hallway outside the Counseling Office. 

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!