March 28, 2019

TigerThon is THIS SATURDAY at 5pm. We are just 2 days away!! Be sure to buy your T-shirt during your lunch period at the TigerThon table by the main office. Shirts are $25 and include admission to the event! No Child Fights Alone!

******

Attention Sophomores and Juniors: If you are interested in running for a Student Council officer position at NASH for next school year — please listen to this important message! Students planning to run for a NASH Student Council officer position must fill out the pre-registration form available and located on the NASH homepage beginning April 1st and ending on April 8th. Look for the NA Student Council icon and fill in the form. Remember to carefully review all embedded documents within the form pertaining to rules, deadlines, dates, petitions, and contracts. Good Luck with your Candidacy.

******

Students; if you are interested in participating in unique interdisciplinary art experience, come to the SQUONK OPERA artist-in-residency program on Monday, April 1st in the  auditorium, beginning second period. For any and all dancers, musicians, poets, visual artists and vocalists, with or without experience, this is a great opportunity for you!  Learn about installation productions by the directors’ of SQUONK OPERA. Pick up your field trip form today in room 190!

******

Attention Seniors interested in attending this year’s Senior Prom, which will be held at the Convention Center on May 4th, from 7:30-11:30 pm, Post Prom to follow back at NASH:  Please go to the NASH homepage and click the Prom link to find the Senior Prom registration document and the permission form for dates who do not attend NA.  Prom tickets are still on sale after school today from 2:15 – 2:45 pm at a discounted rate of $70 per person Prom-only and $80 per person Prom and Post Prom,  The tickets will be sold again in April at a higher price of $75 and $85, respectively, during the week of April 16 – 18th.   Purchase of Senior Prom tickets should be made by check only made payable to NASH.

******

Wristbands will be sold for 2 dollars during all lunch periods TODAY to raise money for the mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Please show your support by purchasing some!

******

The annual Interact Coin Drive is here! Teachers will be collecting coins or bills all throughout this week. Donations will fund hygiene or school supply kits for humanitarian aid abroad through World Vision. The last day to donate is TODAY. The teacher who collects the most donations will win a donut party for each class that contributes! Donate spare change to create a change!

******

The NA fashion club will be hosting their 10th annual fashion show on Saturday April 6th at 7:00 pm in the NASH auditorium. The theme of the show is “Fashion Through the Decades” and all designs are created and modeled by students. Tickets can be purchased at the door and are $10. All proceeds benefit the Miss 22 Quties Special Needs Beauty Pageant.

******

Fall Play Auditions for Next Year’s fall production will take place on Tuesday, April 30 from 2:30-5 in Rm 221.  All students interested in auditioning should prepare a comedic monologue. See Mr. Truesdell in Room 221 for details.

******

Attention Seniors attending LaRoche University or CCAC in the Fall, stop down to the Counseling Office to pick up an application for the McCandless Industrial Development Authority Scholarship.  The due date for submission is Wednesday, April 24, so don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity.

******

The Town of McCandless Town Council has instituted a “Junior Councilperson Program”.  All interested incoming Junior or Seniors can find more information and an application for appointment in the school counseling office.  Deadline for applications is Monday, April 22nd.

******

The North Allegheny Majorettes are excited to announce that the first two workshops for any students currently in grade 8 through 11 interested in trying out for the 2019-2020 squad will be held on Wednesday, April 3rd, and Thursday, April 4th, from 6-8pm at Ingomar Elementary School.  A complete schedule of workshop dates and tryout information will be given out at these practices. Please bring your own baton, have your hair pulled back and wear tennis shoes.

******

Next week is Stress Reduction Week!  Please enjoy a great selection of music every day at 7:20am.  Also the following activities:

Monday – Color your stress away

Tuesday – Wear your comfy sweats

Wednesday – Get a Henna Tattoo

Thursday – Take some pics with friends in our Photo Booth

Friday – Spend some time with the dogs from Animal Friends

Look for the flyers and listen to the announcements for additional info!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day on The Uproar.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for a Throwback Thursday!