November 9, 2021

If you wore a DECA shirt today, please report to Room 249 at this time for a group photo.

******

The NASH Canned Food Drive, run by NASH Student Council, is underway NOW through next Monday in support of the North Hills Food Bank.  Students will be able to donate unopened, non-perishable canned and boxed food.  Cash donations of any amount will also be accepted, with one dollar being equal to two cans.  Students will turn in their cans to their homerooms during the drive — the homeroom with the most reported cans will win a doughnut breakfast!  Let’s make sure that no members of our community are hungry this Thanksgiving!  Thanks for your help, NASH.

******

The following colleges/universities will be visiting NASH today: Duquesne University – IN-PERSON during Period 5 in The Library. Washington & Jefferson College – IN-PERSON  during Period 6 in The Library. University of Pittsburgh, ROTC – IN-PERSON during Period 7 in The Library. Sign up to meet with the representative on your Naviance account.

******

Bonjour NASH! Help us celebrate NASH-ional French week by learning some facts about the French language.  Did you know that French is the official language of 32 countries, second only in number to English?  Now you know!  Stay tuned tomorrow for another Fun Francophone Fact from your NASH French Club and French Honor Society.  Merci!

******

The DECA membership drive has been extended until TOMORROW!  The first official DECA meeting, including the installation of officers and members, will be held on Thursday, November 11 at 2:40 p.m. in the NASH Library, pizza will be served in the cafeteria following the meeting.  Attendance is for paid members only! Don’t miss out on the DECA experience!  Sign up today by scanning the QR code on the DECA flyers around the school or by visiting Mrs. Sullivan’s homepage! Email Mrs. Sullivan if you have any questions.

******

Project Water’s first volunteer launch meeting will take place TOMORROW after school in the library.  If you signed up to volunteer with Project Water this year, please plan on attending. 

******

The NASH Computer Club will be having their next meeting on Wednesday, November 17th in room 369 after school. Hope to see you there! Additionally, Computer Club members will be selling stickers during lunches next week.

******

The Annual Blood Drive is starting soon, and there is an urgent need for blood donations! You can donate blood either in person at school on Tuesday, November 23, or in your own time at any Vitalant center from November 22 – December 3 by giving them the NASH code HS010047. Signups for the in-person Blood Drive start this week, November 8 – 12, during lunch periods. All NHS members can receive service hours for donating blood, but ALL students and staff 16 and older are eligible to donate. For more information or with questions, email Alina Zaidi at [email protected]

******

Are you interested in a medical career?  If so, watch for the Cleveland Clinic Distance Learning Sessions offered to you this year.  Through live stream, you’ll meet a variety of professionals who talk about their jobs, their interests, and their training. The next session occurs on Thursday, November 11th from 9:00 – 10:00 AM in the PLACE. The focus is “Primary Care Rounds,” featuring jobs such as a physician, a radiology technician, and a community health educator. Stop by the GOAL Office, room 249A, by Wednesday, November 10th if you wish to attend. 

******

Are you still looking to join an after-school club?  If so, consider NA Interact. Interact’s next meeting is on Wednesday, November 10th, starting at 2:30 in the NASH “PLACE”—the room attached to the library. What is Interact? It’s a service-based club that involves monthly meetings, outside service opportunities, and a chance to travel, grow, or connect. Come to the next meeting to learn more!  Or sign up by using the QR code on the flyers in the hallway. See Mrs. Lombardi in Room 249A with questions.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!