March 11, 2022

If you are taking the SATs tomorrow at NASH, please allow ample time to drive to NASH due to the impending snow storm.  Doors close promptly at 8am. No late arrivals will be permitted. Please check the district website and/or local news for any updates on closure.  

******

Attention students interested in taking AP Exams. THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK TO REGISTER. Late registration is still open with monetary penalties and will close on March 13th. The AP registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher.

******

How would you like to win an NA water bottle THIS MORNING?!  Welcome to Fun Fact Friday, a weekly trivia competition on your Friday morning announcements [***5 second intro will play***] The first student to answer the following question about a staff member at NASH will win their own North Allegheny Water Bottle…. WHICH STAFF MEMBER HAS A FACEBOOK FRIEND FROM EACH CONTINENT? To repeat, WHICH STAFF MEMBER HAS A FACEBOOK FRIEND FROM EACH CONTINENT? The first student to submit a correct answer through Blackboard under NASH Student Information will win an NA water bottle!

******

Attention Key Club: If you haven’t picked up your shirt, please pick it up in Mr. Omasits’ room 337 by March 31st! We will donate all leftover shirts after that.

******

Student Council is running the first ever NASH Personal Care drive in support of the North Hills Community Outreach through Friday, March 18th. Let’s roll the clip…

******

Juniors who are eligible to apply for National Honor Society have been invited to apply via their NA email.  Please refer to the email for details. NHS applications from eligible juniors are due by 2:30pm on March 15.

******

Attention all Franklin Elementary alums: If you attended Franklin Elementary School, there is a scholarship for you! Check out the posting for the Franklin Elementary Scholarship on Naviance and apply ASAP.  Return your application to the counseling office. Deadline is TODAY.

******

Attention Seniors:  Applications are available in the Counseling Office to apply for the Class of 2022 North Allegheny Pre-Tuition Scholarship.  The deadline to submit your completed application and FAFSA EFC page is the end of the day Friday, April 8.  Please submit all completed applications to Mrs. Foglio in the main office.

******

The NASH Red Cross Club is holding a drive to support veterans in need. The Totes of Hope organization is looking for donations of a variety of items, including socks, puzzle books, pens, sewing kits, toothbrushes, and more. Donations can be left in Mrs. Volpe’s room or in the NASH vestibule. Contact Tejal Dehake with any questions.  Thanks NASH.

******

There will be colleges and universities visiting NASH next week. Keep an eye on your Naviance account for the college visits!

******

Scholarship deadlines are fast approaching! Be sure to apply early and give your teachers and counselors plenty of time for letters of recommendation. Don’t miss out on several scholarships available just for NA seniors. Some are as simple as what grade school you attended. Check out the list on your Naviance account and apply today!

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, have a great day, and stay tuned for some fabulous and fly Friday features!