March 28, 2022

Attention Seniors: The NA Senior Prom will be held on May 14th at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom.  The early bird sale begins tomorrow at a reduced price of $75 per person.  Dr. Dirda sent an important email on March 14th and then again yesterday to all seniors containing all the prom information and links to the registration form, dance agreement and guest permission forms.  Save yourself $10 per ticket and buy early.  The Senior purchaser of the ticket must complete the Online Registration Form at least 24 hours before purchasing their ticket.  This time is needed to verify that all information given upon registration is complete.  If the Registration form is not completed by Thursday evening, there is no guarantee that you will be able to purchase your ticket at the early bird rate that ends on Friday.  Tickets not purchased by 2:45 Friday will increase to $85 per person.  If students are going as a couple but would like to purchase their tickets separately, they must both complete the Google Registration Form as individuals.  If you have any questions, stop by Mrs. Perry’s room 313 after school today to get your questions answered.  Why wait any longer, get those registrations completed ASAP!  Tickets will be sold before school tomorrow and Thursday from 7:00 – 7:25 am and after school Wednesday and Friday from 2:15 – 2:45.  Don’t miss out! 

******

The NA Facilities Department is looking for Seasonal Custodians to work during the summer months to help with general cleaning, painting, and maintenance of the buildings and grounds. College students and Senior High School students aged 16 and older are eligible to apply. Students still in High School must have a valid work permit. Please visit the District’s Applicant Tracking System for additional details and to apply: https://nasd.school/SummerCustodians

******

Are you a senior? Do YOU want to be featured in the film that will be shown at graduation compiling the best moments of this school year? If so, come down to the TV studio, room 256, RIGHT NOW! Come prepared with a word or phrase to describe your experiences at NA or during this school year. We will be recording all week during homeroom, so stop by and bring your friends!

******

A huge CONGRATULATIONS goes out to FOUR NASH students who won awards at the national level for the Scholastic Writing Contest.  There were nearly 230,000 submissions nationwide, so earning this type of award is a major accomplishment. Sophie Lu won two Silver Medals for a personal essay and a critical essay. Katherine Peng won a Gold Medal for a critical essay. Sam Podnar won a Gold Medal & the Civic Expression Award for a critical essay. Maya Sivakumar won a Gold Medal for a short story.

******

Attention Seniors:  Do you regret not purchasing a senior t-shirt and wish you still had the chance?  This week during prom ticket sales, you might be able to do just that.  There are a limited number of small, medium and large left.  Get yours before they are all gone.  They will be sold before school Tuesday and Thursday and after school Wednesday and Friday in the Auditorium Foyer for $15.

******

On Wednesday, March 30 there will be an NA Girls Flag Football Meeting for grades 9-12 at the Baierl Center at 3pm. A bus will transport NAI girls who are interested to NASH Baierl Center for the meeting with Mr. Bozzuto. You will need transportation home after the meeting. The Steelers are sharing a grant with NA and 5 other WPIAL schools. All equipment and uniforms will be donated by the Steelers. There will be a short season and championship game played at Heinz field. The games are Sundays and practices will be 2 days a week. More information will be provided at the meeting. For any information contact Michelle Ruiz at [email protected]

******

The Gender Equity Series is holding an event to honor women with leading roles in STEM and the arts, among them our own Sharon Volpe. It will be held in the Place TOMORROW after school from 2:45-4:00 pm. Find the registration link on Instagram @nasd_ges

******

NASH Student Council is looking for the leaders for next year’s council. If you are interested in running for a position with NASH Student Council for the 2022-2023 school year, please plan to attend an informational meeting in the NASH Library TODAY from 2:30-3:00. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Karolski.

****** 

Are you interested in making a difference in the school community and want to make students’ voices heard? Seniors are encouraged to apply for the student school board representative positions. An informational session for the position will be occurring TODAY immediately after school in the NASH Library. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Karolski.

******

Attention NASH! A coin drive will be held for the leukemia and Lymphoma society through Wednesday. Buckets will be held in the cafeteria during all class periods. If you donate during a lunch period, you will be given a raffle ticket and can get an additional ticket if you wish to try and make a shot in the basketball net that will be set up! The tickets will be put in a raffle for a chance to win a prize! 

******

The NA GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) is meeting this Wednesday, March 30th, after school in The Place, connected to the NASH Library. Please join us. The NA GSA is open to all LGBTQ students and their allies. Contact us at [email protected] for details.

******

Attention Seniors:  Applications are available in the Counseling Office to apply for the Class of 2022 North Allegheny Pre-Tuition Scholarship.  The deadline to submit your completed application and FAFSA EFC page is the end of the day Friday, April 8.  Please submit all completed applications to Mrs. Foglio in the main office.

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuproar.org.  Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!