March 1, 2023

Join us for our Health and Wellness Club meeting during homeroom today – RIGHT NOW — in room 198.   If you have any questions about the Health and Wellness Club, please see Mrs. LaSitis or Mrs. Loeffert.   

******

Don’t miss the SpongeBob Musical, opening this evening at 7pm! Come visit the magical world of Bikini Bottom this evening through Saturday at 7pm, and Sunday at 2pm!  Buy your tickets at namusical.com.

******

Congratulations to Dylan Murray, winner of a $25 Amazon gift card for correctly answering yesterday’s Black Student Union Tuesday Trivia question.  Dylan correctly identified Madam CJ Walker, the first female self-made millionaire in the United State.  Thanks to the Black Student Union for hosting the contest during Black History Month!

******

Please join the NA Gender and Sexuality Alliance TODAY in The Place, attached to the NASH Library. We will have a special guest, Madison, who will be helping us get to know the Hugh Lane Wellness Foundation, an amazing Pittsburgh organization dedicated to offering LGBTQ youth support and fun events. Madison has a LOT to share with us. Please come hang out and find out about this terrific resource! The NA GSA is a safe and fun place for all NA LGBTQ students and their allies. Questions? Contact us at [email protected].

******

The Environmental Club will be meeting this Friday at 2:30pm in the Greenhouse on the third floor.  For more information on the Environmental Club, see Mrs. Baschnagel in the Science Department.

******

Juniors eligible for NHS were emailed an invitation to apply.  Applications are due by 2:30 PM on March 15. Anyone with questions should contact Mrs. Oliver or Mr. Tengowski. 

******

Attention Senior Athletes or Band Members: The North Allegheny Unified Boosters Organization scholarship deadline is quickly approaching.  Any senior who has participated in a varsity sport or the marching band is eligible to apply to receive scholarship money.  Application information for the UBO Scholarships can be found on the NA Athletic website under the “FOR ATHLETES” tab.  All applications must be submitted to Mr. Bozzuto in the Athletic Office no later than Friday, March 31, 2023, at noon.  

******

Still deciding what to do after high school? We are offering a series of lunchtime conversations with career professionals in a multitude of fields.  Choose a few jobs that sound interesting to you, and sign up to learn more!  Our speakers will present for about 20 minutes, with 10 minutes built in for Q & A. These sessions will take place from March 6 – 17, during periods 5, 6, 7, and 8. Head to our Career Conversations website through Bb to learn about speakers, sessions, and to sign up!  If you have any questions, stop by Room 249A, the NASH GOAL Office.

******

Attention students interested in taking AP Exams.  Late registration is still open with monetary penalties and will close on March 10th. The AP registration process is a two-step process. Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher to get registered.

******

And now it’s time for your Wednesday Wisecrack.  Sit back and enjoy. Roll the clip…

******

You can find a copy of the announcements from today, yesterday, and every day at nashuporar.org. Thanks, and have a great day, NASH!