March 8, 2023

Attention Juniors: The Deadline for any schedule changes is TODAY. Final changes need to be submitted to the School Counseling Office. No changes accepted after this Wednesday.

******

Have you signed up for any Career Conversations?  It’s a great way to learn about jobs that might be a good fit for you!  These sessions are happening during periods 5-8 for the next two weeks.  Don’t miss your chance! Today’s speakers include: a wildlife biologist, a vice president of business development, and a pediatrician. Stop by 249A if you have any questions.

******

Attention Grandview Mentors: Our field trip to the Carnegie Science Center will take place on Wednesday, March 15th.   Mentors should plan to attend ONE of the two training sessions in the NASH PLACE during homeroom on either Thursday, March 9th OR Friday, March 10th.  Again, you only need to attend ONE session. See Mrs. Lombardi in room 249A with any questions. Thank you for your dedication to this very worthwhile project!

******

Students are encouraged to sign up to take the ASVAB Test, which will be offered at NASH on Thursday, March 30th,  at 8:00 a.m. in The Place.  Please stop by the NASH Main Office to register for the test before the end of the day Tuesday, March 28.  The ASVAB exam is an aptitude test designed to help young people align their strengths and interests with a post-secondary plan that works to their advantage. It measures a student’s developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success. With our ever-changing workforce, the team here at NASH feels the ASVAB will give students the best direction possible when planning what they would like to do after high school. 

******

Are you interested in making a difference in the school community and want to make students’ voices heard? Current juniors are encouraged to apply for the Student School Board Representative position for the 2023-24 school year. An informational session for the position will occur on Tuesday, March 21st immediately after school in the NASH Library, or schedule a time with Mr. Karolski. 

******

Juniors eligible for NHS were emailed an invitation to apply.  Applications are due by 2:30 PM on March 15. Anyone with questions should contact Mrs. Oliver and Mr. Tengowski. 

******

Attention all juniors in Knitting Club! We have an important meeting this week on friday. After the announcement we will continue watching spirited away. If you have any questions please ask Zefir or Mrs. Rhinehart in room 227.

******

FINAL CALL FOR AP TESTING REGISTRATION: Attention students interested in taking AP Exams.  Late registration is still open with monetary penalties and will close this Friday, March 10th. The registration site will close by 3pm.  Please visit the NASH School Counseling Site for more information or speak to your AP teacher to get registered.

******

Attention seniors: The North Allegheny Foundation Scholarships for 2023 are available online. Details regarding submissions for the NA Foundation Scholarships have also been posted in your student Naviance account.  From the Home page dropdown, select Colleges / Scholarships & Money / Scholarship Search.

******

Attention Seniors:  Save The Date!  The 2023 Senior Prom will be on May 13th at the David Lawrence Convention Center in the Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom.  Join us for an evening Under the Stars.  The formal event begins at 7:30 pm, with dinner being served at 8:00 followed by an evening of dancing and photo ops.  Prom ends at 11:00 pm.  Students will not be permitted to leave before then.  Tickets will go on sale at a discounted rate of $80 per person later this month and then again in the middle of April at the regular price of $90 per person.  Watch for more details as we get closer to the event here on NATV, in emails sent to the senior class, in the Weekly Newsflash, and by following the Senior class on Twitter and Instagram.  

******

HOWDY PARTNERS!  Saddle up for this new and updated announcement regarding the Wild West Post Prom event!  SENIORS… We are two months away from the Prom and you probably want to start thinking about your plans for this memorable evening!  The POST PROM ROUND UP is sure to be the be the all-nighter that you will remember!  There are 8 Post Prom committees and over 50 volunteers working together to make this evening a night that will build lasting memories for you and your friends!  Follow The Wild West Post Prom on Instagram @NAPOSTPROM2023 for details and fun!

******

The North Allegheny Unified Boosters Organization scholarship deadline is quickly approaching.  Any senior who has participated in a varsity sport or the marching band is eligible to apply to receive scholarship money.  Application information for the UBO Scholarships can be found on the NA Athletic website under the “FOR ATHLETES” tab.  All applications must be submitted to Mr. Bozzuto in the Athletic Office no later than Friday, March 31st at noon.  

******

Hey Dodgeball enthusiasts! Registration for this year’s Project Water Dodgeball Tournament opens this Friday, March 10th at 8pm at projectwater.org. Let’s roll the promo, and have a great day, NASH!